I'm Back From ProgPower USA

Jul 14, 2002
Stratford, CT
Visit site
Greetings everyone,
I am back from Atlanta and the Progpower 4 fest. there.
Good time for sure, lots of bands, LOTS OF CD's and people.
Evergrey, NIghtwish, Circle 2 Circle and Vanden Plas were amazing.
As for the other bands, well.......they play well, but lets just say there is alot of cheese out there.
And what is up with all the Dream Theater clones running around? I must have seen 5 bands on this fest. that are bad impressions of images and words era DT. I wanted to puke. :loco: ha ha ha
Ray Alder sang one song with the band Redemption and he sounded great, his voice was in fine shape to be sure.
Um, where am I going with this? I have no clue, maybe I am rambling. yes, thats it. I am rambling. so maybe I should leave. o_O

how could CIIC be horrible?

what was the nightwish setlist?

Are you kidding? Circle 2 circle killed!!!! They were spot on, Zak's voice now is better than it was in Savatage and this guy who he has playing guitar played every Criss Oliva solo note for note!
Vanden plas was also another amazing band.
But my view of progressive power metal seems different than most of the genre fans. They loved all this 3rd rate dream theater clone music that was being pushed on them. They also thought Edguy and Blind Guardian were the greatest things in the world butat last years fest, HATED devin townsend. I mean actually resented the fact he played last year.

Apparently being creative and writing an actual song or two has nothing to do with peoples love of progpower metal.
Once again to state, Nightwish, Cricle 2 Circle, Vanden plas and Evergrey were by far the best. The rest of the show was utter crap.

DreamNeonBlack said:
Are you kidding? Circle 2 circle killed!!!! They were spot on, Zak's voice now is better than it was in Savatage and this guy who he has playing guitar played every Criss Oliva solo note for note!
Vanden plas was also another amazing band.
But my view of progressive power metal seems different than most of the genre fans. They loved all this 3rd rate dream theater clone music that was being pushed on them. They also thought Edguy and Blind Guardian were the greatest things in the world butat last years fest, HATED devin townsend. I mean actually resented the fact he played last year.

Apparently being creative and writing an actual song or two has nothing to do with peoples love of progpower metal.
Once again to state, Nightwish, Cricle 2 Circle, Vanden plas and Evergrey were by far the best. The rest of the show was utter crap.
Oh and to further my case that half of those people at the show are idiots. This one band at the pre party covered Rush's 2112, this guy next to me had the nerve to ask me what band this was they were covering? I told him, in a slightly bewildered voice " um, it's RUSH", he looked at me kind of confused like he was trying to remember if he heard Rush or not. I just shook my head.