I'm Beginning a Series of Tutorials on Developing Plug-ins

I'm really pleased with all of the feedback and support! Sorry I wasn't able to post for a while. I got busy with finals and other things, but I'm able to get back at it and post a lot more now.

Just yesterday I posted the next part of the tutorials. Its about adding parameters to tie your sliders to the dsp part of your plug-in. I would like some feedback on it. I tried to go a little more in-depth with the theory on this one.

Also I put together a very small dsp library called lib_dsp that you can find in the downloads section of the website. Currently the library just has a few filters, and a couple of other components but I will add to it as I go and keep it updated. But if you need a simple lowpass filter or highpass, the library will do nicely for that.

Great series so far and I can't wait for future installments. As for WDL, I am all for it.

I have decent experience with programming but VST development has always intimidated me with the sparse documentation of the API. Having someone break it down to the useful functions and actually getting a plugin running in a DAW is a great relief and great feeling. Much thanks.

Great series so far and I can't wait for future installments. As for WDL, I am all for it.

I have decent experience with programming but VST development has always intimidated me with the sparse documentation of the API. Having someone break it down to the useful functions and actually getting a plugin running in a DAW is a great relief and great feeling. Much thanks.

Glad to hear it! And yes I felt the same way at first when learning VST development. I searched endlessly and wasted hours on projects that I could never get to build. Now I have a pretty good grasp on the JUCE framework and I'm still learning with WDL. I plan to start the tutorials on WDL soon, maybe in the next few weeks.

Also I just posted a new tutorial today showing how to load an image into the project and set it as the plug-in background! Cheers

Just a heads up, there is not way on your site to register for the forum. I wanted to post a question there but could not register.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, there is not way on your site to register for the forum. I wanted to post a question there but could not register.

hmm if you go to the main page and scroll down, there should be a side bar that has a register option. Then once you're registered it will allow you to post in the forum. Thanks for the heads up though! I'll look into it further. Maybe i'll try to make it easier to sign up.