I'm curious to know if Dan has ever listened to Devin Townsend

once, in Arjen's car. It was kinda nice but not "hooky" enough for me to go out and buy it...it sounded like early Slowdive crossbred with Black metal

Well, I'd really like to know which of Devin's many different projects you listened to there... from your description, it's hard to tell. ;)
You probably won't take recommendations from strangers, but I bet his "Terria" album would fit your tastes much better. Also, "Accelerated Evolution" should be "hooky" enough.

I personally think Ocean Machine is full of hooks. All his albums are great, but Terria and Ocean Machine just that little bit better than the others.

Not a single time have I been "hooked" by any of Devin's stuff. With every album I end up saying "sounds like ordinary rock!" but then it gets better. As it ended up, Devin is one of my favorite artists. My favorite album of his, and this one is on my top 5 all time list: Terria. =)

Have you ever heard something about the band called Deftones? Im not interesting in popular shit comercial music but I listened 1 song (Minerva) in NHL 2004 menu and it was too similar to the Devin music styl. I things this motherfuckers (Deftones) copy Devin. I hate them!!! What do you thing about this?

Man I love it when people actually answer on their own forums, it makes things so logical.

My little equation to the circle of life would be Devin! = Dan. So given the word Devin has 5 characters, you'll be multiplying the value of his music a bit before it even touches Swano :).

With inequality being a symmetric relation (if a does not equal b, then b also does not equal a), it does not matter whether you write Devin != Dan or Dan != Devin. :)

All I wanted to say is that comparing the two is rather pointless.

Awesome avatar, King Fear :kickass:

Anyway, about Devin.. some guy sent me what he thought was four awesome songs (Are you browsing this board, Cimson?) and I only really enjoyed one of them. I think it was Suicide.

I don't know...Devin puts up much more of a show from what I've read though. This just concerns the whole live thing, I think Dan's music is superior...

His interviews are always a pleasant read too.

Mr. Niel said:
Oh that's right, it's wrong for me to have an opinion. Darn, got it wrong again...

Is this better for you?:

I'd go see a show of any Dan Swanö project before Devin Townsend.
Honestly, I thought SYL was one of the better shows I've seen, but I have never seen a Swano show.. so I guess I am missing something? SYL blew Dark Tranquillity right off the stage.

I especially appreciated Devy's sense of humor. "Hi Everybody!!... oh.. wait this is a death metal show.. GRRRRR!!!!!! eeeeeevil!" :tickled: