I'm dumb

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey.

I just got windows 7 for my computer.. I've not backed up all of my files.. haha

Is it dangerous to install windows 7 right now? As in "will I lose all of my files"?

Or should I really go through the time and effort to backup all of my files =(???

I wouldn't call it dangerous, but always perform a clean install as opposed to upgrading. Take a list down of EVERYTHING you have installed, and re-download it after installing. Backup everything you have on an external HD/Flashdrive/SD card/name it.. Pictures, music, games, settings for certain things, pr0n :lol:

You really have no clue about this stuff do you? First it was the mics and drum question which seems like basic knowledge someone looking to do this for a living should know, now it's whether you should back up your files before making an Operating System change.

Ask your self this simple question since you are supposedly in the middle of recording several bands - will they be happy if during your upgrade it fails and you can't get back to work in a matter of a few hours or a day at the most?

Seems you ask questions that just make some people go huh! Really? Huh!

I don't record bands at all - I just record my own stuff as a solo musician and it would piss me off if I could not get my complete system as it was in a matter of a day and I only answer to myself.

Do yourself a favor and get a good backup plan in place prior to doing any significant change to your system.

By the way - Windows 7 is a super stable platform for recording - I use Sonar PE x64 on my Windows 7 x64 build and it's rock solid, however like most things in life - your mileage may vary.

You really have no clue about this stuff do you? First it was the mics and drum question which seems like basic knowledge someone looking to do this for a living should know, now it's whether you should back up your files before making an Operating System change.

Ask your self this simple question since you are supposedly in the middle of recording several bands - will they be happy if during your upgrade it fails and you can't get back to work in a matter of a few hours or a day at the most?

Seems you ask questions that just make some people go huh! Really? Huh!

I don't record bands at all - I just record my own stuff as a solo musician and it would piss me off if I could not get my complete system as it was in a matter of a day and I only answer to myself.

Do yourself a favor and get a good backup plan in place prior to doing any significant change to your system.

By the way - Windows 7 is a super stable platform for recording - I use Sonar PE x64 on my Windows 7 x64 build and it's rock solid, however like most things in life - your mileage may vary.

+ 1.000

Quick thread hi-jack.

Is it worth the windows 7 upgrade?

Re-building one of my recording computers at the moment that has only ever run xp and was wondering if i should just go the whole nine and put 7 on it?
I run Vista on my current recording pc and i don't mind it all.
Just wondering if 7 has any noticeable benefits over Vista and XP.

cheers,

and sorry about the thread hi-jack.

Quick thread hi-jack.

Is it worth the windows 7 upgrade?

Re-building one of my recording computers at the moment that has only ever run xp and was wondering if i should just go the whole nine and put 7 on it?
I run Vista on my current recording pc and i don't mind it all.
Just wondering if 7 has any noticeable benefits over Vista and XP.

cheers,

and sorry about the thread hi-jack.

definitely better than Vista! Im not sure if it's better than XP. What's your DAW?

This reminded me of that futurama episode when hermes asked himself for a day off

"I asked myself for a day off but i was in no mood for any of my shananigans"

I have win 7 , and yeah I did the clean install. I back up EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER to 4 Hard drives (PLUS DVD)... I don't leave anything to chance

It's pretty dumb to not have all your important files backed up regardless of whether you are making an OS change or not. Most hard drives eventually fail.