Did a few computer mods.

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hola everybody.. Today I moved the guts of my comuter (except for the motherboard) into a new case and onto a new motherboard so I can run more ram.

Along with that, I've upgraded to windows 7 64 bit...

I have a new hard drive in the computer, but I also have the same one I've been using.. I've copied my .dll files to the new hard drive, but for some reason I can't run any of my plugs.. Am I going to have to re install all of them? :(

If there is a way around all of that, please let me know.

Probably will need to reinstall - some make registry entries and without them, they won't work properly.

I feel your pain bro - going ot be upgrading very soon, and I am DREADING it!

Also - if some of your plugs give you shit about being in x64, then you can (I think) right click the file itself, and tell it to run in x86 mode. Not 100% sure though, but, it's worth a shot before starting the reinstall-a-thon.

If you change your motherboard you need to format the OS. I´m surprised that it´s even booting.

When I changed my whole computer this summer my old XP install worked perfectly. Switched to Win7 though.

Which ones specifically aren't loading? I know you really have to install Waves plugins because of registry values and stuff, but free amp sims you can straight up copy the dlls.

I did this not long ago, most of my plug-ins loaded again as there all standalone like lepou and TSE's stuff, I can imagine things like S2.0 and Waves stuff would all need reinstalling because of the registration. Sounds stupid but have you check the VST folder is correct?

I still run on x86 Reaper on my windows 7 x64 system because I absolutely hated reapers 32bit hostmode for plug-ins.

just had a thought, are there 2 steinberg\vstplugins folders? one in "program files" and another in "program files (x86)". Can't confirm this because I have all my plug-ins on a separate drive in a single folder.