I'm fucked.

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
Germany want's around 10.000€ for Federal Law on Support in Education from me because of some heritage I got 2 years ago. Thought they know about it and everything is cool. No it's not. Worst case could be strong suspicion of "fraud".

I also got child allowance. They knew I was working for a youth club. Now they say I earned too much money. They want 800€ back. Took them 7 month to let me know. 7 month were I was waiting to get money from them! Not the other way around.

I'm moving into a new flat. Again. Now there is a problem with that: The guy who wanted to move in my old flat changed his mind. 4 days before he wanted to move in (my girlfriend still lives there, he would be her new flatmate). Problem: He wanted to give me the deposit + rent + costs for phone and everything. 900€. Nope. I will not get it. and I have to pay the deposit and rent for the new flat. Fuck. My girlfriend has no money at all so she cant give me the deposit (720€).

today, someone broke into my mates flat I'm living in right now. It seems like he somehow got the key of my flat mate (he though he lost it last friday) and went into the flat while we were working. He took my Laptop (worth 800€) and my Dakine backpack with my Audio-Technika ATH M50. At least he left me my xbox.

Guys. I really don't know how to stay strong with all that shit. Some of you know about my past and I just can't run to mummy and daddy because they're dead and the rest of the family doesn't give a shit about me. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Really sorry to hear about it. Shit seems to happen in clusters. Have you explained it to the new landlord? Most would rather just take the deposit and let you out rather than have the problem of defaulting.

Sorry guys, brain = too fucked for english right now.

Nicht sicher ob ich es richtig verstanden hab:
Die wollen die Studienbeihilfe zurück weil du ein Erbe angetreten hast vor 2 Jahren?
Erbe zählt auch als Einkunft wegen dem du keine Beihilfen beziehen darfst? Was is das für ein Scheiß...
Du müsstest du ja auch eine art Waisenpension bezogen haben denk ich?

Und das andere mit der Kinderbeihilfe is weil du nebenbei gearbeitet hast? Hast du da nicht vorher geschaut dass du unter der Zuverdienstgrenze bleibst? Is eh recht einfach zu überschaun im Normalfall...

Sorry to hear the shit about your flat...never a good timing for bad luck I guess, but that one is REALLY bad timing.

That is just .... wow

Not really sure what to say other than sorry that happened / is happening and maybe it might help if you just try to work out one problem at a time. If you look at all of it together it may all seem too big but if you just pick one of the problems for now and start working on it, you can chip away at all of it easier while still maintaining your sanity

best of luck to you with all of it dude and keep us posted ... maybe we can find some way to help

Really sorry to hear about it. Shit seems to happen in clusters. Have you explained it to the new landlord? Most would rather just take the deposit and let you out rather than have the problem of defaulting.

She's the one with the contract. I was a lodger. We both paid the deposit together. She wanted to keep the flat and found someone to move in with her. He would pay me my part of the deposit.

Sucks to her this man, sounds like everything's really lined up at the wrong time for you. What's this support in education thing?

In germany you can get money from the administration of school. My education in sozial work is unpaid. If your parents can not support you with money during your education, you can the something called "Bafög" (support in education). Depending on how much your parents earn you will get money from them (maximum of 550€/month or something). because my parents are dead that really doesn't matter at all. Because I'm a complete orphan I become benefits which will decrease the amount of "Bafög" I get. It's really fucking complicated.

I got too much money from them and now they want it back. and because of the fact that I didn't tell them about my heritage. This coul be my first criminal record. I told you that I'm going to work in the social area. Try that in germany with a criminal record.

Sorry guys, brain = too fucked for english right now.

Nicht sicher ob ich es richtig verstanden hab:
Die wollen die Studienbeihilfe zurück weil du ein Erbe angetreten hast vor 2 Jahren?
Erbe zählt auch als Einkunft wegen dem du keine Beihilfen beziehen darfst? Was is das für ein Scheiß...
Du müsstest du ja auch eine art Waisenpension bezogen haben denk ich?

Und das andere mit der Kinderbeihilfe is weil du nebenbei gearbeitet hast? Hast du da nicht vorher geschaut dass du unter der Zuverdienstgrenze bleibst? Is eh recht einfach zu überschaun im Normalfall...

Sorry to hear the shit about your flat...never a good timing for bad luck I guess, but that one is REALLY bad timing.

Erbe ist Kapital und ich hätte es komplett mit angehen müssen. Das ist aber Kapital, dass aus dem Verkauf meines Elternhauses stammt. War Anteilig uind nicht viel. Ich ging davon aus, das ginge klar. Total dumm.

Ich bekomme eine Vollwaisenrente, die mindert mein Bafög. Die Rente ist aber nicht von meinen Einkünften oder Kapital abhängig.

Wegen Kindergeld: Ja, ich arbeite da nicht erst seit gestern. Ich arbeite seit zwei Jahren da und das wissen die. Es war scheinbar kein problem. Aber ab januar -april 2011 ist es ein problem weil ich da zu viel verdient haben soll. ichhab nun angst das anzufechten, weil prinzipiell hätte ich dann vorher auch schon zu viel bekommen und nachher darf ich 2 jahre kindergeld zurückzahlen (wären dann auch wieder einige Tausen!)

[german] Verflucht, so ist das halt immer, wenn einem einmal die Scheisse an den Stiefeln klebt... Drück dir die Daumen, dass sich alles irgendwie ergibt! [/german]

She's the one with the contract. I was a lodger. We both paid the deposit together. She wanted to keep the flat and found someone to move in with her. He would pay me my part of the deposit.

In germany you can get money from the administration of school. My education in sozial work is unpaid. If your parents can not support you with money during your education, you can the something called "Bafög" (support in education). Depending on how much your parents earn you will get money from them (maximum of 550€/month or something). because my parents are dead that really doesn't matter at all. Because I'm a complete orphan I become benefits which will decrease the amount of "Bafög" I get. It's really fucking complicated.

I got too much money from them and now they want it back. and because of the fact that I didn't tell them about my heritage. This coul be my first criminal record. I told you that I'm going to work in the social area. Try that in germany with a criminal record.

By heritage do you mean inheritance?

Was für ne Kacke, und ich dachte vorhin du hast noch Glück gehabt, dass sie "nur" deinen Lappy und KH geklaut haben...
Ja, definitiv Zeit für Steuerberater, wichtig ist dabei einer, der Kreativ denkt!
Du hättest das selbstverständlich damals angeben müssen, aber man kann ja nunmal nicht alles wissen, du wirst nicht komplett ungestraft davon kommen (für eine Selbstanzeige könnte es schon zu spät sein), aber das sind Bereiche, in denen du Hilfe brauchst.
Wenn du nicht viel verdienst kannst du Gerichtskostenhilfe beantragen (egal wie viel du mal geerbt hast, da geht es um dein jetziges Vermögen).
Die Kaution etc für die neue Wohnung erscheint mir da z.Zt eher als nebensächliches Problem, die Steurlichen Sachen sind wichtiger!
Ich würde dir ja einen Steuerberater emfehlen, der ist gut, kreativ und arbeitet mit einem Anwalt für Steuerrecht zusammen, sitzt aber halt in Lübeck.

heritage ist (familien)herkunft

inheritance ist erbnachlass

That's right, I think (it's been a long time since i did any german)

heritage is your family origins or history

inheritance is money/general wealth passed down to you by your family when they die

I'd throw you a few pounds your way. I'm sure if we all did, it would be some help, no?

+1

I'd also be in for a fundraising btw, we could try to cover at least the costs for the flat deposit as a community? 10.000€ isn't possible of course but I think we can make it to 900€?

Geh zu nem Steuerberater. Nem guten.
+1. Ich hab auch schon Mahnungen bekommen die sich im Nachhinein als Fehler seitens des Finanzamts rausgestellt haben. Hab sofort Panik geschoben und letztlich war es gar nichts.

Will damit nicht sagen dass es bei dir auch so der Fall ist oder du dich unnötig aufregst aber ein Steuerberater/in kann dir sicher helfen zumindest deutlich weniger zu zahlen. Der kostet aber natürlich auch ne Stange Geld, aber ohne bist du dem Finanzamt praktisch ausgeliefert (und die machen zumindest bei mir häufig Fehler und haben generell keine Ahnung).
Oder eben einen Anwalt der dir hilft rechtlich besser dazustehen, wobei der dann wiederum wahrscheinlich mit einem Steuerberater zusammenarbeiten würde. Richtig krasse Scheißsituation jedenfalls, wünsch dir alles Gute :(

Erbe ist Kapital und ich hätte es komplett mit angehen müssen. Das ist aber Kapital, dass aus dem Verkauf meines Elternhauses stammt. War Anteilig uind nicht viel. Ich ging davon aus, das ginge klar. Total dumm.
auweh, aber naja, wie Lasse gesagt hat, mann kann ja nicht alles wissen^^

Wegen Kindergeld: Ja, ich arbeite da nicht erst seit gestern. Ich arbeite seit zwei Jahren da und das wissen die. Es war scheinbar kein problem. Aber ab januar -april 2011 ist es ein problem weil ich da zu viel verdient haben soll. ichhab nun angst das anzufechten, weil prinzipiell hätte ich dann vorher auch schon zu viel bekommen und nachher darf ich 2 jahre kindergeld zurückzahlen (wären dann auch wieder einige Tausen!)
lauft das bei euch nicht auf den jahresbetrag den man verdient?
Bei uns sinds so 8.000-9.000€ im Jahr die man dazuverdienen darf wenn ich mich richtig erinner...
Is aber auch strange dass die da nur jän-april im auge haben wenn du meinst dass es immer zuviel gewesen wär...aber unser finanzamt is auch nicht viel logischer zeitweise, und bevor die da weiterbohren is vl. gscheiter nachzugeben...
bin auch grad am streiten mim finanzamt wegen kinderbeihilfe und ects punke vom letzten jahr die mir die uni nicht eintragen will obwohl geleistet und benotet.

Aber ja...steuerberater klingt nach ner guten idee im moment :/

+1 zum fundraiser btw

dammit, what a shit storm. I hope everything gets better soon. Don't hesitate to CONTACT who you owe to, explain your situation, and try to work out a payment plan or some other way to make it easier on you.