I'm getting my first carcass cd :D

although it is very hard to choose between Carcass albums, I think Necroticism,Heartwork and Swansong stand out.
But now thinking it another time my choice would be Necroticism-Descanting the Insalubrious with it's great intros.

Identifying the bodies which are decomposed, dismembered, skeletonised pose very serious problems. We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly decomposed state...
:headbang:

:hotjump:

I never even knew there was a Carcass forum... cool! Carcass was and always will be my favorite band.

I always thought that Heartwork was one of the finest displays of guitar playing ever. Blind Bleeding the Blind is just an amazing track... and as for Necroticism... plain and simple, one of the most influencial DM/GC albums ever.

Swan Song is a great album despite what some hardcore fans may say. Very fun to listen to... kinda mindless. Firm Hand is a great track with a cool noodling guitar solo....

But Heartwork is deffinately my fav.

What are you waiting for??? Get all the Carcass cd´s now! Buy or die!
For me the best cd´s are: 1.-Symphonies of Sickness (The perfect balance of the gore theme, brutal songs, and a good sound) 2.-Necroticism - Descanting the insalubrious (Great sound, but no more gore collages, and not so explicit lyrics) 3.-Heartwork (No gore, but amazing sound, and incredible music composition)

dudez

interviewed chris from slipknot the other day (soon readable at www.rockezine.net)
the first comment he made was "thats a fuckin great album man !!" pointing to my heartwork Tshirt (i love that t shirt , ive got it so long its gone from a black to a sort of antracite grey colour )

so the album comes with approval from someone in todays game !

personally nothing will ever top necrotism, anyone know a better intro that corporal jigsore quandry ?!?!?!

later

Mark

Both albums are fantastic, but I think that Heartwork is a lot more focused. I really don't care for the albums prior to Necrotism, and were I to recommmend one to buy, I'd just have to say both Heartwork and Necrotism... money well spent.