I'm going camping and taking pictures

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
and this is going to be my photo thread!

Goals to accomplish for this trip:

- Finish Crown Royal
- Finish Jameson and Baileys in car bombs
- Finish ALL BEERS!
- Grill meat
- Stand on top of mountains
- Take pictures
- Burn things
- Scare my drunk friends with the 2 loud firecrackers I have (they don't know I'm bringing them) and catch it on video.
- Post video online
- Get drunk
- Have fun

Hopefully the future pics reflect this list!

Derick, I think you'll approve. First time I've ever camped with this album. It was perfect and it'll never miss another trip!

camp26.jpg

More pics in a bit!

One of my friends who'd never heard Shpongle before and was completely trashed randomly said "What is this? A Stephen Hawking album?!" while it was playing and I laughed for probably 2 and a half minutes straight hahahaha. It makes perfect sense!

I'm going to try this album again, as background music, instead of active listening. That may have been where I failed before.

It works either way, really. If anything is worthy of an indepth, active listening experience, Shpongle sure is.

Whereas it is dynamic, I'm going to attempt the "on headphones, doing what I'm doing right now" approach. If I can do it with Mark Deutsch, I can do it with them.

i listened to Shpongle around the campfire (on acid) a few months back, it works great! also, in september im gonna see Shpongle live at some hippyfest in the very same field that i was camped in when i listened to them on lodge system by the big fire. its gonna RULE! kevin you should come!

i listened to Shpongle around the campfire (on acid) a few months back, it works great! also, in september im gonna see Shpongle live at some hippyfest in the very same field that i was camped in when i listened to them on lodge system by the big fire. its gonna RULE! kevin you should come!

Symbiosis...

My old man is going, but I can't get the time off for it, sadly.

All right well, some of the goals on the list were accomplished, some were not, and some other things that weren't on the list took place and all in all, it was a great trip. Here are some pics I took.

View from the ferry on the way over
camp02.jpg

Ferry
camp04.jpg

camp05.jpg

Steve is about to scare all those other people because it's LOUD when he lands
camp06.jpg

Awesome little liquor store
camp08.jpg

Campsite
camp09.jpg

This is Chevy, our friends' dog. He was cool.
camp11.jpg

Celebrating the completion of campsite setup
camp12.jpg

I like the fire in this pic
camp13.jpg

more...

It's not even dark and we're already jumping over the fire
camp17.jpg

camp18.jpg

camp19.jpg

camp20.jpg

camp21.jpg

camp25.jpg

This guy was chillin on the paper towels in the morning
camp27.jpg

Tendin' my grill
camp28.jpg

Steve tendin' his grill
camp29.jpg

more...

This is Quilcene Bay
camp30.jpg

camp31.jpg

We went to the top of that mountain in the background after we visited Quil Bay
camp32.jpg

camp33.jpg

Big time air from Steve. I used my camera and his to take these, the pic from his camera shows him just before he lands. Maybe he'll send it to me and I can post it, it's pretty cool.
camp34.jpg

This is the view from the top of that mountain (Mt. Walker)
camp35.jpg

camp36.jpg

This dude was super friendly. Probably would have eaten from my hand if I had any food.
camp37.jpg

Steve is in this picture
camp38.jpg

Mt. Rainier in the far background
camp39.jpg

more...

camp40.jpg

Steve jumps the outhouse on the mountain
camp41.jpg

Steve is in this picture too
camp42.jpg

camp43.jpg