I'm happy with my AxeFX. Gimmie some feedback plz!

TheDude

Jocke Skog
Jan 8, 2007
Stockholm - Sweden
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/315378/gubbtrash/Pungterish_FarbrorThrash.mp3

It's my main sound, straight out of the AFX. Quad tracked with my mahogany/emg Futura EX. Epiphone FTMFW! ;) I think it has everything that I like in a guitar sound. Great chunk, great definition and great "string presence" as I call it. Tight and aggressive.

The only post processing is that I routed all guitars to a group and added a limiter to make it extra "in your face". ;)

The bass is my "regular" bass setup. Recto into a custom Ampeg IR played with my fugly but awesome Steinberger 5-string. Drums are Toontrack Metal Foundry, again a preset with an added drum group compressor.

The guitars sound badass, but the drums do not suit the guitars at all. Make more massive sounding drums and you will have a really nice mix. Needs a huge sounding snare! The guitars and drums just sound like they are in completely different rooms IMO.

Thanks guys!

I just listen to the guitar critique, because the mix isn't really a mix, but different templates "mixed" in a minute or so. For a quick demo/idea setup it's awesome though. ;)