I'm Having Surgery. And HAD A Hit-And-Run Accident, yay!

ScientistOfDarkness

a prophet in cosmology
Feb 7, 2003
Mercer Island, WA
Today's bad. On my way to a consultation about my stupid shoulder, some dick ran into me in the parking garage. I was coming around a turn going up a level and this bastard in a silver Camry decided he wanted the first parking space on that row and was about 6 spaces beyond it. So he slams on the brakes, throws his car in reverse and hauls ass downhill, towards me, to grab it. I honked but he smashed into me anyway. The fucker got out and walked halfway towards my car, I got out and went to see if there was any damage and found some scratches on the front. I went to make sure they weren't just marks and he starts rambling and says "oh we just kissed bumpers! everything's fine!" and notices the scratches aren't coming off and says "I didn't hit you there!!! okay bye!!!" and gets back in his car and speeds off. Fucking dick in a tan suit and looney tunes tie.

My car is fine, I'm fine, but I'm pissed. And left my cell phone at work of course. I had a receipt and lipstick in my purse and wrote down his license plate number and the make and model. I called the police and they found his car, pulled up his license and asked for a description. Apparently I did well cos they said that was him and they'd be knocking on his door tonight.

So I waddle up to the doctor's office to find out that I need shoulder surgery. Apparently I've got bone spurs and they're irritating my tendons and muscles and need to be sawed down. Yay. :Smug:

Anyone have any experience with leaving the scene of an accident? Or with bone spurs for that matter? :cry: What a stupid day.

My father has a bone spur in his elbow and hates it. As for accidents, the one didn't run off for fear the bearded meat mountain would chase him down. No damage to either though.

Sheesh, what a terrible fucking day. Hopefully that looney-tunes asshole has insurance. Maybe then you could pin your shoulder problems on him too :heh:

Will this surgery prevent you from going to Powerfest?

Possibly. If I have it, I'll be in a sling for 4-6 weeks. Which won't stop me from coming but money wise I may not be able to. My deductible is 1000 dollars and I still owe 800 from last year's deductible. Our lease is up in April and I might delay surgery until then, right now we're upstairs and I have to haul the dog up and down the stairs on a leash to go to the bathroom and I won't be able to do that with my arm in a sling. When we move, we'll have a back yard so it will be easier on me.

Powerfest is gonna be awesome though, so I'm going to do all I can to make it. :cry:

Oh, and I thought about that. I thought about clutching my shoulder and screaming OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! You gave me bursitis and a torn rotator cuff and it feels like I'm going to need surgery April-ish, owwwwwwww the bone spuuuuuuurs!

Wow, what a dick.

Like I say, I'd kick him in the junk for ya..If I ever go to Texas and cross paths with the bastard :heh:

And shoulder surgery sounds pretty spooky, but you'll feel so much better after you get it all fixed up. :)

All three. Do take photos of the Chicago show for me to see upon the most epic visit in recorded history. :)

Well good luck with your shoulder surgery - it is not that scary as it sounds...

I was never in such accident with my car, but yesterday I went somewhere with a bus and this car was trying to outgo two buses while making a turn left. He wasn't as good driver as he thought he was so he hit the bus which was driving firs and then hit the second bus (I was in this one). But that's not it the idiot actually escaped. What idiot can think he could actually get away with this when there were two buses full of people who had nothing better to do then to look at his license plate number...

Well good luck with your shoulder surgery - it is not that scary as it sounds...

I was never in such accident with my car, but yesterday I went somewhere with a bus and this car was trying to outgo two buses while making a turn left. He wasn't as good driver as he thought he was so he hit the bus which was driving firs and then hit the second bus (I was in this one). But that's not it the idiot actually escaped. What idiot can think he could actually get away with this when there were two buses full of people who had nothing better to do then to look at his license plate number...

Sounds like the average American "fast and furious" driver.

You've got it easy Sam. Next month i'm probably gonna have surgery on my nose to fix a deviated septum. They're gonna go in through the nostrils. :D

you shoulda ran down the dude with your car, and given his tie to me. looney toons is the shit.