I'm in a bit of a pickle with band/studio names...

With the friggin' Internet now, EVERYTHING'S been taken it seems. So many decent/fitting phrases are now names for home studios, bands with a MySpace and 2 songs, etc. Maybe I'm a bit jaded because we've spent over a month trying to come up with a name for our new band... but yeah I can see the OP's point about not knowing what to do.

Yes I've seen your mishappenings on twitter about it hahaha good luck with that

I'm bumping this thread rather than starting a new one, because I'm in need of a new name.

I stuck with the same name since making this thread but I'm getting a lot more business now and I've actually got into recording/engineering local bands again rather than just mixing. So I wanted a name that's professional, memorable, and all encompassing. Again, I have to drop the "studio" part regardless, because I don't actually track in my own space, I rent nearby studio rooms and just mix from home.

I want "Something" Audio Production, and have narrowed it down to this crap:

Circadian Audio Production - I got the name Darkadian from the pseudo-Latin phrase Circadian meaning "daily rhythms" (Darkadian meaning "night rhythms, as my band has a theme of the undead/reanimation etc). Since I want it to be separate from my band, but still have the same ring to it, it seemed the best option. It also kinda serves like a yin/yang thing, ya know, night/day, night being the band, day being the production work.

Omnicide Audio - Omnicide is a song by my band. It's another kinda pseudo-Latin phrase, meaning the killing or destruction of an entire species, or just "killing everything". I thought it was a good name, sounds metal as fuck, but... I don't know, it's a little too iffy? I'm thinking for example if I try to get a bank loan, and just imagining the look on the clerks face when I tell her the name of my company :lol: I'd sound like a genocidal (or omnicidal!) maniac!

Deaf Metal Productions - Just sounds hilarious. I would actually pick this immediately but I don't want to particularly limit myself to metal bands, even though it is my "speciality"

Systemic Audio - Rolls off the tongue nice, but sort of implies a disease spreading through the body... not very attractive.

So... HALP!?!

Pen15 Solutions? LOLOL

No but seriously.
Circadian sounds pretty cool, sounds metal enough without alienating other genres (Which I think Omnicide and Deaf Metal would do)

If you dont' want to limit yourself to just metal bands, then honestly I would ditch all of the names you came up with and go for something a bit more professional sounding. Just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't expect to get anything but metal acts with a name like Omnicide and the others are just "meh".

This is gonna sound weird but, it almost sounds... too professional/serious? I know that seems kinda retarded because surely I'd want a pro name, but it's a little bland and forgettable. I want something slightly less formal perhaps, but memorable. Let's face it, you'd remember Iron Pig because it's ridiculous (don't worry, I'm not using that, but it's the perfect example :lol:)

I'm still deciding btw :lol:

For the less formal side of things I was thinking "something-Head"? Like... Echo-Head or... DeadHead... but not those because they're shit. I don't know, still stuck, still being pedantic, just thinking out loud...

I've really gone off the Circadian idea man. I don't know why but it just makes me feel uncomfortable. It kinda makes me sound like I've got a really lavish pro set up :lol: Numbskull just fits me more, it's a bit more rock'n'roll, less serious/button-down, but could still work right up to the "I've got SSL on speed-dial" level (if I ever get that far!)

Numbskull is also apt because a numb skull is usually what I have after mixing the same 4 songs for a week solid :lol: