I'm in another newspaper. Here's one of them. I mention Nevermore alot haha

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/106732533045300.xml?gloucester?jsix

Mom with open mind inspiration to teen son

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

I was going to write a story about Will Bozarth, the 16-year-old Deptford kid who dresses up like Spiderman and dances around outside the Halloween Adventure store in Locust Grove Plaza, across from the Deptford Mall.

They call it a marketing position, which I guess will look way better than "dressed up like Spiderman and danced around outside a store" on Will's resumé.

spacer.gif

But the story is probably more about Will's mother, Marla. She seems like a pretty cool mom.

Will is a musician. He plays lead guitar in a heavy metal band called Distorted Mind.

Luckily, Marla has an open mind about things. Not only does Will have and play a designed-for-metal guitar called the BC Rich Beast, his mom let him have the guitar tattooed on his right forearm -- where you can see it when he's playing, of course -- for his 16th birthday.

People have certainly noticed Will out there dancing around in his Spiderman outfit. Some have thrown things at him and made obscene gestures at him, but the job does have its benefits. Some people have stopped, jumped out of their cars and danced with him and three women have even flashed him.

"Mom, this is great!" he told Marla. Yes, it's good she has an open mind.

Last summer, the family went to Ohio for three days so Will could see his favorite band, Nevermore, at a festival sponsored by the metal magazine, Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. Will has posted often, including his own photo, on the band's online message boards.

"The only saving grace was that during the last day, my husband, Ken, and I found an oldies concert. We went there for a couple hours," Marla said.

During the band's rendition of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence," lead singer Warrel Dane, who had already pointed at Will and said, "I know you," called for people to come up on stage and help sing.

Will leaped over the barricades and hit the stage. Dane walked over to him, said "You're Will from our message board" and the two of them sang part of the song together. The family got invited backstage afterwards and Dane and Will have stayed in contact via the Internet.

To further demonstrate her open mindedness, Marla is hosting a Mischief Night party at their Ogden Road home, at which Distorted Mind and a band called Injustice will perform.

"I'll know right where the kids are," she said. Besides, the plug will get pulled at 8 p.m.

Distorted Mind has put some of its music online and people are asking about buying CDs. The band has been invited to perform in Pennsylvania. Mom really is supporting Will's efforts, especially since he has given up the notion of becoming a professional wrestler.

"There are no foul words in the music," said Will, who writes the songs for the band. "I believe in artistic creativity, finding words that are better to use."

His mom, Will says readily, "is pretty cool. Without a doubt. She thinks I don't appreciate what she does for me, but I do." Adding, to an eavesdropping Marla, "Hear that, mom?"

I wonder what the article would look like if you played br00tal death and had lyrics like Deicide or Cannibal Corpse hahahahahaha.

That was a cool article! I'd be very proud of that if I were you.

But...the dude that wrote that shoulda put your pic in the article.

Black Winter Day said:
right before 8 you should play "pull the plug"

you should still work on the wrestling thing, though

pull the plug is one of the greatest songs ive ever heard esp live in la when they do that sic intro part
...damn you will, i want to party with WD :yell:

i got school and my dad won't let me cut i prob won't get there until they already went in, so i might not get to meet the guys
dumb school made me miss amon amarth last week to