Which one of these Nevermore sound-alikes...

Poison God Machine

STEELERS FANBOY
Oct 23, 2004
Bennington, VT
www.geocities.com
...do you like the best out of these, if you've heard them?

-Eidolon
-Twelfth Gate
-Wicked Maraya

I would have to say I like Eidolon the best out of these. I haven't heard a lot of Twelfth Gate, and Wicked Maraya's Cycles, while very good, didn't grab me like Eidolon's Coma Nation did. Coma Nation is an excellent album IMO, although less thrashy than Nevermore, still has a thick guitar sound and the drumming is very good. But I don't think Pat Mullock has the pipes of Warrel The Great Dane. He fit the band very well, but I'm curious to hear how the Pagans Mind singer will sound with them.

-Eidolon
-Twelfth Gate
-Wicked Maraya

I have heard of all three but Eidolon is the only one that Ive heard. I liked them. I havent heard enough to get real in depth though.

I only heard ONE Eidolon's song ( Screams from Within ) and it didn't impress me at all..... too much generic for my taste. But, I guess I haven'T heard enough to judge them.

HAHAHAHA
EVERLOTINADEADETERNITY you are either deaf or liar (or a retard). Choose
Wicked Maraya is arguably the best. "Cycles" is one of the BEST power metal albums of the 90s, but it doesnt remind Nevermore much (it was released in 1994 i think), more like a more modern (1994 modern) version of Crimson Glory or Queensryche. Some moments remind Nevermore but .. thats the us metal feeling.

If you read my post correctly I said I had heard of them, NOT HEARD THEM, but heard of them. Read some stuff from BW and BK and other assorted mags. The only one Ive heard Is Eidolon. What I heard I liked. Read the post correctly before you call me a liar. ASS. I heard Eidolon on a BW and Bk sampler from a year os so ago. SOrry Im not Power metal enough for you.

mh, i only know eidolon out of these and i dont think they sound nevermoreish. as someone already mentioned they are quite generic...

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY: ignore Iofthestorm....he's just way too elitist Xx

I like Lost Horizon, Seven Witches,BLind guardian, Metalium, HEavenly, Dragonforce, Rhapsody ( mainly under the rain of a thousand flames), Hammerfall, and Helloween.I think they are some of the better power metal. Thats just an opinion though.

AsModEe said:
Power metal sucks anyway... well... for the most part.... and Nevermore isn't power metal at all.

Well I would definitely consider their first album and Dead Heart In A Dead World power metal albums. The others are closer to melodic/half-thrash, except Dreaming Neon Black, which is a combination of power and thrash.

The thing I have a problem with is when someone calls them progressive or power-prog. But I personally have seen Nevermore called everything from progressive to doom to grunge to even mallcore. A friend of mine even jokingly called them glam. I just say they're a heavy metal band.

NW: ESPN Sunday Night Football
Philadelphia Eagles in front of the Washington Redskins, 10-7 in the 3rd