Miss the Nevermore sound? Listen to this...

Talking Backwards

Senior Citizen
Oct 5, 2009
While of course there was only one Nevermore, and there won't be any other band just like them, there have thankfully been more than one talented band that was heavily inspired by them.

First there was Witherfall, which was a mix of Nevermore and Symphony X (and a bit of King Diamond I guess), and for a time it seemed like they were going to be the next closest thing, or at least the single band attempting to pick up the torch that Dane and co. dropped in 2010.

Recently I had the pleasure of listening to Silver Talon's latest release, and I'm pretty blown away by it. Barring the goofy band name, not only is the music essentially a mix of every project Dane had been focusing on since Sanctuary, it also sounds a bit like early 2000s Brainstorm. The thing that really stands out though are the vocals. Many vocalists have had a theatrical style, and a few have incorporated Dane's mannerisms, but I've never actually heard them done so on point until this.

Also, not quite as "Nevermore", if you haven't heard Eruption's Cloaks of Oblivion, I can't recommend that enough either. They sound a bit like any number of thrash bands, but also the vocalist is another one who really pays tribute to Dane.

wow

Silver Talon's latest release ordered it..10/10 video...but they did is crap

bandcamp i found them before your excellent post.

KEEP ROCKIN ALL

:headbang::kickass::lol::popcorn: