Bands that sound close to nevermore!

Let me first off recommend the Danish old school thrashers of Invocator.
Fantastic Danish thrash, and yes...Mercenary falls under this too, good suggestion to whoever did that!

For the rest, i have these bands to mention: Anacrusis, Lalu, some Meshuggah (don't compare the vocals tho'), same deal with Fear Factory on that, and perhaps some Susperia thrown in there too.

Yeah. Twelfth Gate sound similar to Nevermore. Biomechanical..well it's like putting Nevermore together with Pantera. Pretty cool band. COmmunic, of course. Sanctuary. But..Listen to Primal Fear. They're cool...not like Nevermore but cool. :D

A band I recently checked out, and is very similar to Nevermore is A Lower Deep, check out their website at:

www.alowerdeep.com

The guitar tone and style is very similar to NM, and while the vocalist isn't as good as Warrel, obviously, he does a sufficient job, these guys have great potential.

Dead_Lioness said:
I seriously haven't found the band that reminds me of Nevermore yet...

and thats a good thing.

yup, Nevermore are enough for me. It's great that they innovate out there on their own.

ZANEX said:
I have yet to hear a band that sounds like Nevermore, maybe Twelfth Gate. Nevermore is pretty innovative and has a unique sound. I've discussed this before, and I think Nevermore reminds me of Early Queensryche at times, but with their own style and not blatantly ripping off Queensryche. This is why Nevermore continues to remain my favorite band.

THIS GUY HERE PLAYED WITH JL IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS. SOME OF THE MUSIC IS, IN A WAY SIMILAR .
CHECK IT OUT=http://home.new.rr.com/ericbasler/music.htm

Bands that sound like Nevermore. I have a whole list of em:

Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

And did I mention, nobody sounds like Nevermore?

Seriously. Nevermore is truly original.

scream_bloody_gore said:
Control Denied kind of remind me of Nevemore a little bit. (RIP Chuck!)
Already mentioned (by me).

The River Dragon said:
Bands that sound like Nevermore. I have a whole list of em:

Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

And did I mention, nobody sounds like Nevermore?

Seriously. Nevermore is truly original.!
Ok, and this helps how? The guy asked for bands close to Nevermore, which I take to mean bands that play and sing in a similar style and I think there have been a lot of great suggestions.

By the way, 2 more that I will suggest that no one has mentioned are Fission and Painmuseum (featuring Bobby Jarzombek and Steve DiGiorgio, need I say more?)

Alright, here's one more, how about Van Williams' very own Pure Sweet Hell, they put out one of my favorite albums of the year.