Is there ANY band that is at least close to Nevermore?

Verkadh

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2005
Channahon (nowhere) Illinois
I think I have listened to over a hundred songs today, wait, 117 to be exact, all from 29 different bands... All of which i found as suggestions on forums. The thing that confuses me most... about 12 of them sounded close. The rest, either incorporated a huge amount of piano for absolutely no reason, or had some horriby low pitch vocalist like the guy from Deeds Of Flesh. I don't get how people can think they are similar, hell even getting a vocalist within the same pitch would be nice, or somewhere along the lines of skyfire/ children of bodom/ all that remains/devil driver/dissection. Trying to get over 1000 songs and it's not going well, help would be appreciated with some suggestions that actually sound like them, not like a guy punching a bass drum and chanting some sort of curse.

Sorry for the repeated topic but it seems like every one I look at is "well, I know... I like Nevermore... and this band is pretty neat ... so if I like Nevermore.. and this.. that means they sound the same! And others who like Nevermore like this too, right?!?...... Post!"

Dont know if i like that for their originality or am saddened that there is not more music like this, well, at least now I know they are for the most part one of a kind. Still wish either A) they had more songs or B) some other band was pretty good so i would at least have an idea of what other music to buy, 82 songs from my goal of 1001.

People being... helpful? It's like a miracle when it comes to message boards, i was expecting like "d00d listen to slayer!!111!1!1 ther goood!" Thanks for advice, hell, if you have any suggestions of a decent band (without the voice that you can barely hear because it's so low pitch) please post them. My goal for the year is 1001 songs, and local stores don't have any cds that are good so i have to order them online. Either way, the help is appreciated and any suggestions are helpful. Hell, please suggest anything you think is worth listening to.

Verkadh said:
Quite a bit of good suggestions, appreciate the help all. Keep ideas coming, if anyone has any that is.

Check out what I posted dammit! There are a couple sound clips at that link. The singer sounds extremely close to Warrel.

"sigh" it saddens me how full of fanboys this board has become. Yes, there are bands that sound like Nevermore. Nevermore is not unique goddamnit! Stop being idiots

Communic
Twelfth Gate
A Lower Deep
Jag Panzer to some extent

edit: I forgot to mention Chaoswave

check out Mirror Black and Eden's Fall (shameless plug) both bands are influenced by Nevermore, and both singers have styles close to Warrel. They don't sound like him ( I know I don't) but are what you might be looking for.

"sigh" it saddens me how full of fanboys this board has become. Yes, there are bands that sound like Nevermore. Nevermore is not unique goddamnit! Stop being idiots

Strange how people on a NEVERMORE discussionboard might seek musical relevence relating directly to Nevermore. While I personally prefer bands that do not derive directly from obvious musical infuences, your impatience and disgust with this symptom is humorous, and sad. Get the fuck over it. If fans aren't sucking off Bathory, Burzum, or Morbid Angel, they're wanking each other over whatever cheesy melodic death or symphonic black metal bullshit is currently en vogue. You bitch about fan boys, yet your psuedo-elitism is just as silly.