Is there ANY band that is at least close to Nevermore?

Necromunchkin said:
Strange how people on a NEVERMORE discussionboard might seek musical relevence relating directly to Nevermore. While I personally prefer bands that do not derive directly from obvious musical infuences, your impatience and disgust with this symptom is humorous, and sad. Get the fuck over it. If fans aren't sucking off Bathory, Burzum, or Morbid Angel, they're wanking each other over whatever cheesy melodic death or symphonic black metal bullshit is currently en vogue. You bitch about fan boys, yet your psuedo-elitism is just as silly.
unless you've been living under a rock, we've had at least 10 threads similar to this one. It gets kinda tiring really and btw, you named 3 bands I don't care about, so fuck off, stop taking things so personnal

This whole thread blows. Again. Just like the last 5 of them.

so all of these 1000 songs have to sound like Nevermore?

hahahahaha what the fuck are you on.

anyway, did anyone say Symphorce - Twice Second yet? check that one out, very nevermore-ish at points.

oh yeah, Symphorce is pretty good. Haven't heard their new album yet, but I fear it's more radio friendly than Twice Second.

I never really bothered to check out the other threads here, so Im sure they've been mentioned, but Mercenary reminds me a lot of Nevermore at times. Not vocally of course, but I've noticed many musical similarities as I bet others have.

Nevermore = before Hanson, therefor Nevermore influenced Hanson; however, Jeff Loomis is quite friendly with the members of Hanson, They actually helped Jeff write most of the material for Dead Heart.

one reason I like nevermore is because they are unique. When one hears brutal riffage, they may think it's death metal or some thrash and expect harsh vocals, but Warrel comes out of nowhere with his dark and diminished vocal melodies that surprises everyone.

I think that's why I like certain bands over others because they are unique and not many bands sound like them. Examples are Opeth, Symphony X, and most prog-bands. Now if you want to listen to bands that sound alike, listen to just about any metalcore band, imo, they almost all sound alike with their breakdowns and melodic sound, etc. It doesn't mean metalcore sucks, but imo I have a hard time listening to it.

The new Symphorce album kicks ass. New Brainstorm is actually on my top five of the year. Its good not quite like Nevermore but excellent none the less.

Verkadh said:
I think I have listened to over a hundred songs today, wait, 117 to be exact, all from 29 different bands... All of which i found as suggestions on forums. The thing that confuses me most... about 12 of them sounded close. The rest, either incorporated a huge amount of piano for absolutely no reason, or had some horriby low pitch vocalist like the guy from Deeds Of Flesh. I don't get how people can think they are similar, hell even getting a vocalist within the same pitch would be nice, or somewhere along the lines of skyfire/ children of bodom/ all that remains/devil driver/dissection. Trying to get over 1000 songs and it's not going well, help would be appreciated with some suggestions that actually sound like them, not like a guy punching a bass drum and chanting some sort of curse.

Sorry for the repeated topic but it seems like every one I look at is "well, I know... I like Nevermore... and this band is pretty neat ... so if I like Nevermore.. and this.. that means they sound the same! And others who like Nevermore like this too, right?!?...... Post!"

I would like you (all of those who bothered mentioning this topic has come up several times) to now get your head out of your ass. Not once did i say either A) all my 1000 songs sound like nevermore, actually the ones that do are... what do you know... nevermore... holy shit right? amazing. It's even more amazing that I apparently typed this without my own knowledge of it, or it showing up on the boards... B) pay close attention to my first post "Sorry for the repeated topic", i already know this has come up several times, I said "sorry" if you are going to bitch about this, try reading the first post on the board, it's rather obvious what the topic is, i don't give a damn it was ever brought up before. and C) I believe after about 2 suggestions i was happy with the music that had a sound similar to their own and requested that people post anything they think is worth listening to. STOP POSTING BULLSHIT. I would have posted this sooner but i had to go this morning to take a biology exam.

Tempest said:
Nevermore = before Hanson, therefor Nevermore influenced Hanson; however, Jeff Loomis is quite friendly with the members of Hanson, They actually helped Jeff write most of the material for Dead Heart.
makes you wonder if jeff is the 'lost' hanson. the resemblence is there...