Bands that sound close to nevermore!

I have yet to hear a band that sounds like Nevermore, maybe Twelfth Gate. Nevermore is pretty innovative and has a unique sound. I've discussed this before, and I think Nevermore reminds me of Early Queensryche at times, but with their own style and not blatantly ripping off Queensryche. This is why Nevermore continues to remain my favorite band.

DarkNoise said:
I'm still yet to hear any Sanctuary myself... sad, I know. Anyone got at least any low quality samples of like 30 seconds I can hear?

Distorted Mind is the pwn! :headbang: Except for that guitarist/singer, he sucks balls... very well too I might add.

Amazon.com has samples for their 2nd CD, Into The Mirror Black. But really, don't wait to hear samples, just buy them.

Mercenary is a good suggestion, as well as Sanctuary obviously. You should check out Into Eternity, they are gonna be touring with Nevermore soon and if you're looking for a band with great vocals, riffs, solos, drumming, atmosphere, and style, you won't be disappointed.

With all this being said, no band really sounds close to Nevermore, that's what makes them so great.

Hmm, just thought of one, check out Anacrusis, if you like thrash style riffs with progressive tendencies, definitely check them out, you can download all 4 of their albums for FREE off their website at:

http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/anacrusis media/anac_Albums_MP3.htm

fading said:
check out TWELFTH GATE they are pretty similar. I like them a lot. they have one disc out and another in the works.

Actually Voltaire was the one to coin "if god did not exist it would be necessary to invent him"

Another one I can't believe no one has mentioned, if you haven't listened to Control Denied, do yourself a favor and check them out, they would have been the next Nevermore IMO if not for tragic, unforseen events. I think Warrel was originally slated to be the vocalist, but was unable to because of his fulltime commitment to NM, but the singer they found was very good, anyways, check it out.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Another one I can't believe no one has mentioned, if you haven't listened to Control Denied, do yourself a favor and check them out, they would have been the next Nevermore IMO if not for tragic, unforseen events. I think Warrel was originally slated to be the vocalist, but was unable to because of his fulltime commitment to NM, but the singer they found was very good, anyways, check it out.

Oh, it was quite forseen. Chuck knew he was going to die before Symbolic.

I'd go with Twelfth Gate, and Mirror Black, and while I'm at it my band Eden's Fall. All three bands have Nevermoreish parts here and there in thier music, but Nevermore still stands alone.