I'm Interested...

anonymousnick2001

World's Greatest Vocalist
Aug 10, 2003
I
A friend recommended this band to me. Said that they were atmospheric, decidedly non-cheesy progressive rock.

Fill me in, people. Tell me their sound, their style, and their best album, IYHO, of course. Please?

Hmmm.. I would advice you to check out the soundclips on their website first of all. http://www.evergrey.net

Check out the videos as well, they´re cool.

And their best album in IMO is Solitude Dominance Tragedy, but the two latest kicks ass as well.

The only one that I don't like that much is the debut album: The Dark Discovery, though it has a couple of killer songs on it.

Hope you'll enjoy your listening!

I don't really understand how they're labeled as progressive metal since they really have no progressive elements in their music...but whatever,their music is goddamn amazing anyway. I'd say that they're more like something between power and heavy metal. They're pretty melodic but not in the vein of Hammerfall or anything...
My favourite album is Recreation Day so I suggest you either download or go listen to that in a record store near to you. Probably the easiest one to find too. Been listening to Solitude-Dominance-Tragedy a lot lately too.

I've heard some off Recreation Day.

It's interesting...not so progressive, but it's not quite powermetal either...more like atmospheric metal. Like Novembre without death vox.

The vocalist's voice is interesting. It has an alternative flavor to it.

they have quite much progressive rythms. I think someone said something about progressive/gothic-metal, wouldn´t that be the most accurate category for evergrey´s music?

I saw that "Blinded" video too and loved it, especially considering the copious amount of metalcore being played that night.

Anyway, In Search Of Truth is my favorite, then Solitude_Dominance_Tragedy, then Recreation Day and finally The Dark Discovery. Granted, all of them get a decent amount of play.

Lesson: You really can't go wrong.

I just got In Search Of Truth through a friend. :)))

Haven't heard it all the way through yet, but it's prety good so far. The singer actually sings, instead of doing a half-assed growl half the time and then whining the rest(I'm talkin bout you A.F.!).

I can probably sing better, though...but it's pretty good stuff.

you can sing better? probably not!! in that case we'll just have to ship you over dooood..

and they are progressive, not as much as dream theater (thank god) but still! they're evergrey

I´d call them "Dark progressive metal". There is some prog elements in their, not so much on the latest album thoug. Best albums accourding to me are Recreation Day and In Search of Truth.