I'm just wondering

oh God damnit, I went to their myspace and I just realized I will be seeing these fuckers because they are on tour with Let Get It.

so fucking lame

Wait, they're a band? :lol:

We have groups of kid's like that in my neck of the woods in florida :/

I'm in FL too, in WPB. I haven't seen any yet. I actually want to. Just sit back and observe as if I'm looking at some undiscovered rare animal. :loco:

When I was a kid, I was convinced I'd never get as disconnected with youth culture as my parents got... well, didn't take me too long to realize how wrong I was.

I managed to hold on till about 26ish (I think) and then BAM, freaks everywhere. :erk:

In my old town (Stuttgart) are a few people looking like this, really strange because
they met each other 50 meters away from my uni and most of the girls were pretty
hot but just overdressed as hell, almost cosplay like.

And it was pretty hard to get whos boy and girl at the beginning :D most of the guys
look like girls without tits.

I've not seen anyone like this in my area, but I wouldn't mind, cause compared to these mamalukes I look like fucking Clint Eastwood on the bad ass meter.

I don't understand this stuff at all...
I don't really hate on them I just don't get what the fuck is going on haha.

Sadly the people I know that most closely resemble this are 'metalheads'.
You may know the type, those girls who look and take the same type of photos as scene kid girls, but can justify not being one because they like metal. Which of course they listen too because they wanted to fit into a crowd.
You ask them what brand of guitar Dave Mustaine currently plays (and they all claim to be rabid Megadeth fans) and they have no idea.
I do occasionally see a real scene, but that only really happens when there's some pop punk/emo gig in the city, and you see the whole of Melbourne's population of scene kids in one big line waiting to get into the venue.
I always told myself one day I'd throw some eggs at some of the little shits, but I've gotten too old now and can't bring myself to do it anymore. Should have done it when I was 17 and not quite as intelligent and responsible.

You ask them what brand of guitar Dave Mustaine currently plays (and they all claim to be rabid Megadeth fans) and they have no idea.

That's kind of stupid. Do you know what brands of all your favorite bands' drummers play? Or which basses the bassists of those bands use?

People don't care about this kind of stuff if they don't play those instruments themselves.

Yeah the Dave mustaine guitar part was kinda silly. Music fans who are not musicians have no idea and dont care what brand tgey use and that doesnt make them less of a fan of the band. If you change it to something related to a song or album by the band, youre point will come across much more clear. I do get your point and agree though Harry boy

I don't wanna cause shit, cause i'm not in the mood for it, and I consider you guys brothers from other mothers...

but I agree with Dan, I know some guys with Maiden tattoos, guys who know megadeth's back catalogue back to front and back again but I could ask them which bass dave ellefson favoured for the recording of peace sells and they would stare at me in a total daze...

But i never mind cause that kinda makes the whole thing that bit different/special for me, i can geek out with a few musician friends about what amp(s) the Haunted used for the last album or argue with my drummer friends about who's using triggers right now...

I see where you're coming from but people appreciate in their own way...

As for the girls who dress like scene kids and listen to metal... I know a couple like this but they actually are metalheads (a couple listen to a lot of punk too) but its not a "trying to fit in" thing, they actually are metalheads...

but anyway... I see many a scene kid around these parts... its died down alot in the last 12-18 months tbh, it WAS alot worse...

6169.jpg

"This is cool? This is cool? We're really getting old you guys. Welp, I'm out guys. If this is whats cool now, I think I'm done. I no longer have any connection to this world. I'm going to go home and kill myself. Good bye friends."
-Cartman