i'm lost with 8 finger tapping

ekka

Nov 11, 2005
How do you guys break into 8 finger tapping? All i can do is the crazy train solo bit with one finger but when it comes to adding two or three fingers my fingers lock up. Also how do you build your right hand pink strength? Forget about stanley jordan type tapping just looking for a beginners guide on how to go about it.

damn no help huh? there used to be a tutorial by schmange on guitar tricks.com but thats disappeared and now we have to pay to access their articles. sucks really.

I am no expert on this but I would suggest practicing 1 finger tapping using the second finger you want to try using. This will help you gain some more use of it. Also start on 2 and work towards adding more, don't try using 3 fingers on your picking hand from the start. As with everything start slow and get used to the motion and then speed it up.

Hey All,

the best thing to do is to treat your right hand as if it were your left, and do scales, arps, and chords with it then combining it will be less frustrating. I hope this helps and good luck,

Chris.

Ahahaha,

as far as descending I would practice both. Intil 6 months ago I never used pull off but now I can see there value.
Chris.