I'm making Epic, Elven dancing video game music!

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
An old highschool friend is graduating in computer technology and making a video game as his thesis. It's inspired in Age of Wonders and other epic games, and the theme song is supposed to have some kind of reference to the overlap between Justice and vengeance, so after listening to some reference videogame soundtracks this is what I came up with:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Music samples-stems/The Realms/The Realms Theme Song.mp3

I showed the guy a couple different ones first, but I wasn't convinced myself to have it as a theme song for the opening sequence/main menu, and neither was him, but this one got me really inspired and so far the guy loves it.

I'm still gonna try to fix a bit some of the instruments, like automating volume on that trumpet at the end, and changing up the harp at the beginning, can't get it to fit even though the notes seem to work perfectly.

Anyways, what do you think?

Sounding good, the nintendo child in me wishes it had more melodies :lol:

I did the music for a segment of a video game when I was in uni!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, firaxis, that's awesome, love it! I'll know have to do more mellower songs such as yours for the other parts of the game, but the guy wanted the theme song to be upbeat. That battle song is awesome! I don't know if the guy will allow me to do some guitar stuff for this game, but I'd love to.

I'm glad you all like it so far, thanks for commenting guys!

Haha cheers mate, I hope you never have to sync sound effects to it though, I stayed up for like 40 hours doing that shit :erk:

It's sounding great, reckon you could upload the other work you end up doing?

ShamStalin, the game is tales of symphonia, JRPG from around 2003 I think.

Haha cheers mate, I hope you never have to sync sound effects to it though, I stayed up for like 40 hours doing that shit :erk:

It's sounding great, reckon you could upload the other work you end up doing?

ShamStalin, the game is tales of symphonia, JRPG from around 2003 I think.

I don't know about that, we'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Sure, I'll keep posting the rest in this same thread, I'm working on a calm "exploration" one right now