I'm new, and i'm here cuz...

ThrashinMad

New Metal Member
Sep 28, 2005
old-school Anthrax rekindled my interest in the band. i know there are a lot of John Bush lovers here, but i got into Anthrax back in the 80s with their classic line-up, and they only became the great, influential band they became because of what they achieved with the guys who are currently with Anthrax now. Joey especially set them apart in yet another unique way with his clean vocals, and their most distinct, signature sound peaked with the line-up we now have again.

i was so excited to see them play in NJ where they recorded the DVD, and watching it at home has been awesome, as well. i really hope they put out a new album with this line-up and bring back some of the old-school, light-hearted/goofball speed/thrash metal with those power-drill riffs like they did back in the day, because no one has a sound like them and metal needs it!

even with some of the old thrash bands doing thrash again, and even with some newer bands trying to carry the torch in some ways, no one sounds quite like Anthrax, so they really need to do something special with this line-up while they have the chance.

\m/

Agreed.. I really hope they give it a shot. I think they could make a great great album together... I just got my DVD yesterday and I hope to see them soon!! I know alot of people are bummed the BUSH era Anthrax is over atleast for now. But hell they got a good long run out of him. There was an Anthrax before him and there is one after him... I am sure these guys aren't be able to do this forever, might as well do what they feel they have to.