I'm new here and I saw Anathema in Bradford 30th Nov

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
They were great, first time I'd seen them. Previously my favourite band was Radiohead, now it's about joint favourite with Anathema, I'm really glad my mate introduced me to them. I've heard that some band members post here, is this true ?

I'm from Blackpool and Anathema once played at the local rock club 'The Tache', if any band members happen to read this, do you remember that gig ? I have a few friends who saw it

- Andy

I should say a few things about the gig, others already probably have but it was great to see them play older stuff like Angelica and Sleepless as an encore and then Floyd's Comfortably numb right at the end ! It was great to see a few Judgement songs played, it's my favourite album. I took an MD recorder and tried to record the sound from the gig, it didn't work for like an hour :( but after that I managed to get it working so I got (not very good quality though) sound recordings of one last goodbye, 2000 & gone (interesting version) then Sleepless and comfortably numb. I'm not sure how to make it mp3's, not sure if it's worth it with the bad recording quality from my small microphone, but someone maybe could help me out with that, cheers

Originally posted by Andy_2003
They were great, first time I'd seen them. Previously my favourite band was Radiohead, now it's about joint favourite with Anathema, I'm really glad my mate introduced me to them. I've heard that some band members post here, is this true ?

I'm from Blackpool and Anathema once played at the local rock club 'The Tache', if any band members happen to read this, do you remember that gig ? I have a few friends who saw it

- Andy

Hehe, I remember The Tache. We played footy outside with these fellers who had just got out of prison. Jamie turned up dead dead pissed, punched a hole in the glass door then split his head open, headbanging at the front. None of this soft drink nonsense, Jay is proper metal!

heh, i was too young to go see anathema when you played there, so you're Duncan i take it ? er first time here so I've no idea really and um are you Irish ? or just living there ?

ok so Pagan2002 isn't really Danny ?

umm actually i'm a newbie as well so i don't know yet..but take it as a challenge, find all the band members in the forum without asking anyone, at the end of the day you'll feel proud for identifying them :D

yeah, it's pretty cool that some of them come here, I should have talked to them when i saw them the other week as they walked about the club but didn't really get chance

heh, i was too young to go see anathema when you played there, so you're Duncan i take it ? er first time here so I've no idea really and um are you Irish ? or just living there ?

I'm half and half with a bit of Scottish :confused:
probably explains a few things eh:(

oh right, Everton supporter ? well my dad had a removal firm and he had a contract with Everton to move the players' houses and he moved a lot to Birkdale Southport. He also moved Blackpool players, all this back in the 70's and early 80's i think

he can't remember that much really, but he's just told me a bit. Apparently about an Everton boss with the surname Taylor, and about a time when he moved a player down South to a luxury house and this rich player asked my dad if he wanted fish and chips, he went out to get it came back and charged my dad for them, that's about all he said