I'm opening a studio..which audio interface solution?

I thought about protools LE because it seems more professional for the clients (I think) and because if I mix a project and, for example, I have to send it to another studio for the mastering and they call me the session, 99% they call me a PT session (it happened some months ago....a local band booked a famous metal guitarist/producer in the States for the master and they have all the album mixed with Cubase. It was a pain in the ass :D )
These are my doubts. Said this, I have no Daw preferences... if it works it's good.

Yamaha N12 (new unit, looks nice), Mackie 1640 with the firewire card (what I use in my studio) or the Mackie 1200F (my next purchase). The Yamaha looks really nice and has recieved great reviews. Google it.

n12.jpg

I'd prefer a Pro Tools system. I think you don't really have a choice. Many studios are using Cubase/Nuendo/Logic AND Pro Tools. Especially when it comes to band-recording.
You can still upgrade and extend later, but for now use Pro Tools.

I'd prefer a Pro Tools system. I think you don't really have a choice. Many studios are using Cubase/Nuendo/Logic AND Pro Tools. Especially when it comes to band-recording.
You can still upgrade and extend later, but for now use Pro Tools.

All DAW's can import waves. ProTools is to proprietary. :)