im sad guys

View attachment 5420

It's a photo of a show that is clearly pre-90's, with a crowd, and the Pagan Altar symbol above the stage and their logo which is clearly an old version of their modern logo on the end of the coffin.

I'd say that's pretty cut-and-dry man.

Actually that could just suggest that he's had intimate contact with the band and so he might be privy to personal. unpublished photos.

Considering how stark the difference in focus is, it would be trivial to take a staged picture like all the other shitty out-of-focus ones that exist, take a photo of any group of a crowd from the back, and then easily layer one on the other using photoshop.

That was what I meant regarding the photo; it came from the band, not some random guy that was at a show and took it. Who was their photographer?

I zoomed in pretty close and searched for inconsistencies. I'm certainly no expert though.

Also if you look closely, they have skull props on top of their stacks and they have the same props on the other more suspect looking live photos, maybe these are all of the same show from different angles?

wow who even gives a fuck about pagan altar. shit band real or not

Go listen to pedophilecore or whatever you listen to fuckface.

Also if you look closely, they have skull props on top of their stacks and they have the same props on the other more suspect looking live photos, maybe these are all of the same show from different angles?

I had that thought as well, and it made me even more skeptical. In the other photos there is clearly no one at the front of the stage, so that's an inconsistency. Additionally, the lighting is completely different.

That M-A thing is hardly a reference. Anyone with editing power could have edited that, and without a source, we're to assume it came from the band themselves.

Where is the photo of the master?

Most photos of the band "on stage" have no audience in them. Anyone can turn some lights on, put a few props up, and pretend to be performing in a photo.

Your excuse is that they pretended to be in a band during the 1980s and then formed one in the 1990s? Really?

I'm still waiting for you to explain why one of the biggest music newspapers of the 1980s has an article that names Pagan Altar that was published circa 1980. Sounds is a legitimate newspaper created by someone who used to work for Melody Maker.

Please explain. I await the next excuse and predict it will involve a different band called Pagan Altar who was also present during the NWOBHM.

Are you referring to the "Sounds magazine" thing? I've already said that a proper citation from that magazine is all the proof I need to be completely convinced that the band was in fact fully legit.

So basically...

HBB would have you believe these guys pretended to be a band and faked band photos for nearly twenty years. They also faked other means to their existence such as alleged demos and bootleg lps. It just so happened twenty years later they released an album (recorded on equipment from the 80s, I would assume by the production) and become a legitimate band after 20 years of playing dress up. They then faked even more images of their early existence to give them more backstory even though they didn't really need any more.

Then even later down the road they record an ep in which Terry attempts to sound younger than he did when he recorded vol 1. Terry would have been 53 In 1998... Nearly 60 when The Time Lord was released. So over the course of 30+ years these guys pulled the wool over our eyes, slowly biding their time until the rise of the Internet caught wind of them and exploded their popularity.

That's either an extremely tight tinfoil hat or trolling.

So basically...

HBB would have you believe these guys pretended to be a band and faked band photos for nearly twenty years. They also faked other means to their existence such as alleged demos and bootleg lps. It just so happened twenty years later they released an album (recorded on equipment from the 80s, I would assume by the production) and become a legitimate band after 20 years of playing dress up. They then faked even more images of their early existence to give them more backstory even though they didn't really need any more.

Then even later down the road they record an ep in which Terry attempts to sound younger than he did when he recorded vol 1. Terry would have been 53 In 1998... Nearly 60 when The Time Lord was released. So over the course of 30+ years these guys pulled the wool over our eyes, slowly biding their time until the rise of the Internet caught wind of them and exploded their popularity.

That's either an extremely tight tinfoil hat or trolling.

No, I'm arguing that they generated a bunch of images and whatnot probably in the early 90s, and recorded all of their "early material" around that time, shortly later releasing a bootleg containing some of those recording sessions. To maximize their mystique, they opted to claim that had been doing it a decade earlier than they had, like black metal musicians are sometimes known to do.

Considering things like Tales of Medusa mentioned previously, I don't think you can listen to an album and automatically deduce that it was recorded in the 80s.

Reactions: SonOfNun
I know, they never claimed to be from the 80s, but regardless they could have easily passed as an 80s demo band production/recording-wise if they wanted to.

i can't find it right now, but in a drawer somewhere i've got a photo of pagan altar playing live on stage in 1982. they're all there: alan on guitar, john on drums, trevor on bass and terry on the dieselharp.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
I like the one Tales of Medusa album I've heard, I think it was Triumphant Serenade. The songs are a little overlong and the riffs a bit too galloping and repetitive, but the sound/performance sounds totally legit.