im sad guys

Good find, that's the kind of independent verification I'm looking for.

EDIT: They even have a Jon Mizrahi, so that's good. At the very least I would tend to believe that those early members were actually associated with the band.

Last edited:
Pagan Altar recorded a master for a single in 1980 at Abbey Road studios and has a photo of the master on their website. That's proof enough that they existed at that time if you ask me.

Pagan Altar was also referred to by name in the Sounds music newspaper circa 1980.

The biography on their website also has dozens of live photos where you can clearly identify a younger Terry Jones and Alan Jones and you can see a Pagan Altar logo in many of them. I'm still waiting for explanations of how there are so many concert photos of them that are clearly decades old if they didn't play music back then.

That M-A thing is hardly a reference. Anyone with editing power could have edited that, and without a source, we're to assume it came from the band themselves.

Where is the photo of the master?

Most photos of the band "on stage" have no audience in them. Anyone can turn some lights on, put a few props up, and pretend to be performing in a photo.

Oh found it, a low-res photo of a record that says 'Abbey Road' and might say 'Pagan Altar' scribbled in cursive.

I did address it. It would still be nice to know more information about it other than that it was posted on some forum a few years ago. I do think it's incredible that somehow they managed to only get the audience in focus, despite comprising only maybe the bottom fifth. Was their photographer legitimately retarded or something?

To give specifics, the guy that posted the photo is also apparently the owner of "Buried by Time and Dust Records", who have released several Pagan Altar things. That represents a conflict of interest.

I did address it. It would still be nice to know more information about it other than that it was posted on some forum a few years ago. I do think it's incredible that somehow they managed to only get the audience in focus, despite comprising only maybe the bottom fifth. Was their photographer legitimately retarded or something?
Autofocus will pick whatever is in the foreground and focus on that. However autofocus didn't really become a thing until the mid to late eighties. It's also possible that the photographer was retarded.

Autofocus will pick whatever is in the foreground and focus on that. However autofocus didn't really become a thing until the mid to late eighties. It's also possible that the photographer was retarded.

Depends on what type of autofocus. A decent photographer will use center auto focus and shift to recompose if necessary

Depends on what type of autofocus. A decent photographer will use center auto focus and shift to recompose if necessary
Well my point was if it was autofocussed, then it probably wasn't taken in 82.

I'm so glad I got HBB on ignore now.
So glad that you had to come back in this thread and tell us all. Pretty glad. *view post*

pagan_10 (1).jpg

It's a photo of a show that is clearly pre-90's, with a crowd, and the Pagan Altar symbol above the stage and their logo which is clearly an old version of their modern logo on the end of the coffin.

I'd say that's pretty cut-and-dry man.

To give specifics, the guy that posted the photo is also apparently the owner of "Buried by Time and Dust Records", who have released several Pagan Altar things. That represents a conflict of interest.

Actually that could just suggest that he's had intimate contact with the band and so he might be privy to personal. unpublished photos.