Im so lost...

Pakistexican88x

KEYTARist
Oct 15, 2006
NJ
www.myspace.com
ok....im confused as to what the current IE lineup is. i kinda lost track after Stu Block joined... n i know the lineup on the main page isnt right cuz ive seen recent pictures with a different drummer and a new guitarist.

I can imagine, let me put things in order: ;)

On the page we still have the line up as on the last album. Only Tim on guitar and Jim Austin still on drums. Jim also joined the Gigantour last year, but had to take up vacation leave in advance to be able to. On guitar they had a (former) friend filling in, but he bailed on the guys and they ended the tour with one guitarist. There are however some pics that include this temp guitarist, the ones you've probably seen, if you've seen promo shots.

If you've seen recent live shots, than you've seen the new line-up: there is a new drummer (Steve Bolognese) from Boston and a new guitarist (Justin Bender) from Prince Albert (SK). They are now on their first tour with the band, but I wasn't sure yet how to update the line up.. as far as I know Jim will stay involved behind the scenes, like help with writing. I assume if all is well, there will be new promo pics after this tour. Personally I have faith in this line up :) :worship:

Hmm. i can't help but feel that with all these line up changes, its not even IE anymore. just a different band (other than Tim Roth) under the same name. dont get me wrong, tho. after listening to all 4 albums, theres no doubt that every member is/was an amazing musician and still kept IE an awsome band. its just a weird feeling. its prolly just my OCD wanting to have a final lineup. sry if i seem like an asshole.

I personally think its great how IE has been through so many lineup changes and yet they still kick ass. I have yet to see the new drummer and guitarist but I will see them both on Thursday night and I will have more of an opinion then. I have faith in IE, no matter what changes may occur now or in the years to come.

i guess thats true.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you were trying to say and understand it as well. Alot of my friends don't enjoy the lineup changes in IE either and I respect their opinions but so far, I have enjoyed every IE release and every lineup change has worked out perfectly in my personal opinion.

Tim's the most driven and committed musician I've met in my life and I have 200% faith in him. As much as he hates changes or drama, I know he will pull through and keep doing great things. BTW, there are lots of bands with just one original member that are doing just fine. Of course there have been other musicians (IMO esp. Jim Austin, Scott Krall and Rob Doherty) that put their stamp on the music, but Tim's always been the main composer, so I think their path is more an evolutionary one like with any band, than one caused by line-up changes. The addition of a killer vocalist like Stu does of course give them the option to add more elements than before, but I don't think they've changed their style a lot (except for the first album I guess). Just added more and perfected it, I think :)

As for people not liking line-up changes in their favorite bands... it's not necessary a bad thing to have new blood in the band, although some consistency doesn't hurt either ;) But it's a fact that keeping a touring line-up together where people have to be equally committed (without either personal or practical problems) is a very tough job.

I've known the band well since 2001, so I should be able to come up with an accurate list since then (in names, maybe not exactly the dates) and there is the line-up from the first album (which is not correct on the DVS version, as Danny Nargang is listed but only played on DoD) and I can ask my Regina friends to correct and/or complete it... let's give it a shot :headbang:

(I'll try and compile one right now, will post in a bit...)

On the topic of lineup changes, has anyone seen the Napalm Death "Family Tree"? It was included with the "Noise For Music's Sake" 2-CD set (Earache Records).

It's pretty amazing how ND has NO original members in the band, and yet they are still going strong after 20+ years.

Diecast from Boston went through approximately 17 different combinations of guitarists until Jon and Kirk officially joined the band. Diecast no longer have any original members, either. While it seemed to work extremely well for Napalm Death, I think Diecast has suffered from losing all of its original members. That's just my personal observation.

yea they did have a keyboardist. he was no Jordan Rudess tho haha (then again, who is? :D). i think he left on his own tho. i forgot why. Its hard to imagine a prog band w/o a keyboardist, but IE pulls it off. haha.

I hope they won't get a new keyboardist ever, to me it's fine as it is with at most some keyboards coloring in on the records but not live...
I'm not 100% certain, but the ex keyboardist Chris McDougall is a very religious man so I think that had to do with his leaving, I also read in interviews it was because of a girl. He did contribute on Dead Or Dreaming but wasn't a band member anymore by then.

Ok... here is my list! I put a lot of hours in and I also posted this on saskmetal because there are old friends of the band there that could correct or add stuff. I put in all members, also temp, I could think of. No sarcastic remarks about the amount of changes please (I'm sick of it), because it's fairly normal for a band that tours this much and doesn't make a living with it. I just wanted to try and get the history as complete as possible, so here it goes:

starting date 1997
Temp members in the beginning include Todd Barlow (bass), Chris Krall (vocals) and Trevor Seghers (guitar)

Into Eternity CD
Tim Roth - lead vocals, guitar
Chris Eisler - guitar
Chris McDougall - keyboards
Scott Krall - bass, vocals
Jim Austin - drums, vocals

Dead Or Dreaming CD
Tim Roth - lead/death vocals, guitar
Daniel Nargang - lead/backing vocals, guitar
Scott Krall - bass, backing vocals
Jim Austin - drums, death vocals

early 2002

Chris Krall - lead vocals
Jeff Storry - guitar
Jim Austin - drums

2003 January - March

Jeff Storry - guitar
Cade Stewart - drums

2003 March - April

Jeff Storry - guitar
Jim Austin - drums

2003 April - 2004 March
(incl. Buried In Oblivion CD)

Rob Doherty - guitar, death vocals
Jim Austin - drums

2004 March - August

Troy Bleich - bass, backing vocals
Jim Austin - drums

2004 August - November

Dean Sternberg - lead vocals
Adam Sagan - drums

2005 January - 2006 February

Stu Block - lead vocals
Adam Sagan - drums

2006 February - April

Stu Block - lead vocals
Jim Austin - drums

2006 April - September

Stu Block - lead vocals
Collin Craig - guitar
Jim Austin - drums

The Scattering Of Ashes CD
Stu Block - clean/death vocals
Tim Roth - clean/death vocals & guitar
Troy Bleich - bass & clean/death vocals
Jim Austin - percussion

2006 September - October

Stu Block - lead vocals
Jim Austin - drums

2006 December - present

Stu Block - lead vocals
Justin Bender - guitar
Steve Bolognese - drums

or by members:

Tim Roth 1997-present
Stu Block 2005-present
Troy Bleich 2004-present
Justin Bender 2006-present
Steve Bolognese 2006-present

Jim Austin 1997-2004 / 2006
Rob Doherty 2003-2006
Scott Krall 1997-2003
Chris Krall 1997? / 2002-2004
Daniel Nargang 2000?-2002
Adam Sagan 2004-2006
Jeff Storry 2002-2003
Chris Eisler 1999-2000?
Chris McDougall 1997-2000?
Dean Sternberg 2004 (few months)
Cade Stewart 2002 (few months)
Collin Craig 2006 (few months)
Todd Barlow 1997?
Trevor Seghers 1997?

I'm just that damn good! :lol:

I've just been very involved with the band since early 2002 when I became friends with Tim. I know most (ex)members so who replaced who wasn't a problem, the approximate timespan wasn't either where I could connect a change to a certain tour or a European visit of them or a Canadian visit of mine. Then I went through the tourdates, news and googled a few things to get it as accurate as I could :)

And I did it all for you... I think you owe me a beer if our paths ever cross in real life :lol: :kickass: