I'm whoring my band, goddammit!!!

Move to Seattle. I need a good metal band to play in.

He lives an hour and a half away from me in a ski resort town called Tarvisio on the Austrian border. This is where we practice once a month or so. Are you sure you don't wanna come play with us here? :loco:

Tarvisio1.jpg

Holy fuck...thats beautiful.

Yeah it's one of the most beautiful places I've seen...I love it there. I wouldn't want to live there, though. It's isolated and there's nothing to do there. Either drive an hour to Villach, Austria or an hour to Udine, Italy, but it's too isolated for me. I like the fact that I'm a little over an hour away so I can go there rather quickly on the autostrada and come back home to civilization, hehe.

I think you can see why the album is so cold, though, :lol:.

Forever is kick ass, reminds me when i use to play The Matrix Online (MxO) and i would listen to the matrix radio station, i love that stuff!!!

keep it up, and you got a friend request brotha!

I thought when you were talking about it a few months ago, it'd be another generic shitty black metal band.

I am REALLY digging Towards The Remote Future though. Mind if I add the track to my Space?

You can do whatever you like Burti! I'm blown away by all of this! I honestly thought the response would be sorta "meh", but I'll pass on all the good words to him!

My favorite song is a song called Goodbye Earth. It's starts quite slow in the first few minutes; heavy, but slow and with nice melodies and clean vocals. Then the bridge comes along and builds and builds to a peak and then just fucking explodes into something amazing. "Activation, activation, activation, activation, ACTIVATION, ACTIVATIOOOON...DETAAAAAAAAAACH!!!!!!" It's full of countertime tempos that I really dig.

I told him he's a great songwriter, but he just doesn't believe me. He did this because for him, this is just a single statement to the world. "Here, this is mine. I don't care if it does well or doesn't sell a single copy. This is my gift to whomever will have it."

When we first met, he wanted to just play some songs together and then he told me he had a solo project going on by himself. When I heard the first demo he did, I told him that Skylab was our band, not another one. It was something so different than what most ppl are doing these days that I was fascinated. It's metal and not metal at the same time. He called me up out of the blue one day, said a mutual friend told him I was looking for a band, and the rest is history. I'm so happy to see that people like it...he's put his heart and soul into this for years and it's finally come to fruition.

I'm in the process of translating the story, which is about 11 pages long which will go on the site so you can all read the story behind it. We're Star Wars geeks and each album will be in the same vein as that legacy, in the sense that while the people and subjects may change, they are all connected in the same principle and universe somehow by a common thread. It's like a concept series.

Forever is kick ass, reminds me when i use to play The Matrix Online (MxO) and i would listen to the matrix radio station, i love that stuff!!!

keep it up, and you got a friend request brotha!

Haha! I think he's gonna shit himself when he hears that! The Matrix and Star Wars are his favorite movies of all time. And Spaceballs, hehe.

Kickass and thanks man!

Here are the lyrics to Forever if you want...

FOREVER

Into my head, set to record
Into my brain, to scan my thought
Inside myself to forget time
Allowing me to live on.

Into my head, set to record
Into my brain, to scan my thought
Inside my mind, it will now start
To make me clearly remember forever

How many sunsets
How many seas
How many planets
How many fields
Breathtaking skies
Or the most bitter tears
Definitely written
In my memory.

Someone will stay
Others will not
Nothing remains
Nothing can be stopped
Someone you love
Who can’t follow us
Someone is going towards death
And you have to behold.

Into our head, set to record
Into our brain, to scan our thought
Inside ourselves to forget time
Allowing us to live on.

Into our head, set to record
Into our brain, to scan our thought
Inside our mind, it will now start
To make us clearly remember forever

I have a vision
Of the world of tomorrow
Skylines of cities
Outlined at sundown
Riding on hyper-ways
Voyaging through the space
Minds communicate
In this age

No one feels what we can feel
Because the path of men has an end, not ours…

Haha! I think he's gonna shit himself when he hears that! The Matrix and Star Wars are his favorite movies of all time. And Spaceballs, hehe.

Kickass and thanks man!

Yeah np, but seriously, listen to Forever and you tell me that it wouldn't fit perfectly in a fight sequence in the movie. It's awesome!

Yeah that was kinda the whole premise of this album...it's supposed to be sort of a soundtrack for a film not written yet. Or the future.

There are 11 tracks I believe, and only like 6 or 7 have lyrics...the rest are instrumentals and atmosphere for the story. There's one track called Bosphorn's Sky Harbor that's basically trance with live drums...he goes fuckin' apeshit on that one.

Yeah that was kinda the whole premise of this album...it's supposed to be sort of a soundtrack for a film not written yet. Or the future.

There are 11 tracks I believe, and only like 6 or 7 have lyrics...the rest are instrumentals and atmosphere for the story. There's one track called Bosphorn's Sky Harbor that's basically trance with live drums...he goes fuckin' apeshit on that one.

Well i enjoy it a lot, btw im a big matrix fan too.

I'm so happy you guys like it. If you didn't, I'd still love it and play it anyway, but it makes me feel good because I respect all of you for your opinions on music and the like. I think the Neverboard is full of people who are so completely different but in some small way share a common thread with creativity. That's why I'm still here after all these years.