[IMG] option on/off?

Should it be possible to link directly to images from this board?

• Yes, [IMG] option on

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No, [IMG] option off, as currently the case.

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

Caotico

Sep 17, 2001
Terra firma
www.darktranquillity.com
I've seen that some of you would like to have the possibility
to link directly to images activated.

I chosed to have the option turned off in order to avoid the
board getting cluttered by people having 800x800 pixel images
their signatures and linking to all sorts of irrelevant pictures.
I've seen this on a lot of forums, and it's usually very annoying,
especially for those with slow connections.

But if the majority of you wants the feature activated, I'll
change it - so, whaddayathink?

/niklas

I think it would be great Niklas the people on this forum are great and probably wont screw it all up!Keep up the good work!

I voted for on, as long as we don't screw it up the way Niklas described :)

i have cable i dont care :p

But i understand your concern my talented fellow, maybe by doing a rule about it and ...Kindly asking offenders to remove the images ( you live that to me :lol: ) it could work out somehow.

I can imagine a misanthropic image-police at work... :s

I have a slow connection at home, and as people can anyway put a "clickable" link to the image, so I voted "no". But if people want it, well, let them have it. I just hope we won't get flooded with pictures into the mold.

-Villain

i voted on 'cause sometimes somebody might want to add a smiley from somewhere else, i got used to it being disabled though.
i don't think anybody in this forum will use it to display giant pictures, we have the 'attach file' option already, but there's always people from other forums who like to be annoying :rolleyes:

I voted "yes", as the people here are good. Probably no one would have a signature with 5 or 6 large pictures. If the feature starts to get out of hand, it can be disabled again.

We can post small pictures of penguins if it is turned on.

well I said mostly for the smiley option which actually won't be that hard for slow connections. I know large files displayed here are quite a pain in the ass, but it hasn't happened in the forums I've been and don't think there's that problem here....but I'm concerned about the possibilities of an idiot spammer coming here to fuck this peace up!

about signatures....well actually I'm quite sure about the possibily of putting an image as a signature...
I can remember this "poet" who used a large picture on his signature when the IMG was off....it drove me on my nerves...mainly because it just was a large pic of him and his girlfriend on every of his posts.....

sooooooooo my vote was for "oh, fuckingyeah"

fathervic (loving those little stupid smileys :rolleyes: )

I have a slow connection so my vote goes to images off, still I trust the people here and know they won't flood the forum.

My vote is On. Even though I have a slow internet connection, it's a nice feature to use, until someone abuses it.