Immortal TOP3

So after extensive listening, I have my list:

1. Beautiful Death
2. Caramon's Poem
3. Shadow of the Beast

And an honorary mention to Legacy in a Rhyme, in my opinion second to A Question of Heaven for the finest performance of Barlow's career.

Good job Criss...man, I can't believe The Highland is so low! :erk:

agree...I can't fuckin believe 'Highland' so low!

1. The best song on this Opus is 'Caramons Poem'

2. 'The Highland'... I hope they continue this style of writing...nothing like a good epic power kiltish roam the hills tune.

3. 'Beautiful Death'

~ 'March Thru An Endless...' is the most spine tingling!

~ 'Legacy...' is straight from a possible best epic soundtrack... has to be one of the best duets eva w/ Jonah & Matt. "WHAT I HAVE SEEEEEEEEEEEEN, WHERE I HAVE BEEEEEEEEEEEEN" ...FUCKIN MAGICAL!!!!!!!!! Matts voice has never sounded better.

Ok, I think my favourites are:

Ghost Light
The Highland
Shadow of the Beast

But I cannot order them (they are in the order of where they appear on the album). I also feel like Legacy in a Rhyme and Caramon's Poem should be up there... I don't know.

Very close to those are:

Arise
Year of the Phoenix
Touched by the Mara
A Beautiful Death
Legacy in a Rhyme
Caramon's Poem
March Through an Endless Rain

Also not ordered, haha.

muzmaze, don't include this post in your count. I may change it soon.

I'll add... 'Touched By The Mara'...more specific the outro with Toke rippin it up along with Mikes rhthym playing, which is some of the best he's ever done! The end of this song is some of the bands heaviest shit!

I'm starting to go off my rocker, in picking not only songs, but bits and pieces of thier music. suuuuummmmmmbody stop me!

I'll add... 'Touched By The Mara'...more specific the outro with Toke rippin it up along with Mikes rhthym playing, which is some of the best he's ever done! The end of this song is some of the bands heaviest shit!

I'm starting to go off my rocker, in picking not only songs, but bits and pieces of thier music. suuuuummmmmmbody stop me!

I already started picking out bits and pieces as well! And you're right, the outro of "Touched by the Mara" is awesome! That's why I voted this song for no. 1 actually. :)

Another highlight is the ending of "The Highland", sounds almost like played live together! Or the part before the solo of "Shadow of the Beast". Or the solo of "A Beautiful Death". Or... ... ... THE WHOLE ALBUM RULEZ! B.E.A.UTIFUL!

Update of the current scores:

1. Caramon's Poem 21 pts
2. A Beautiful Death 19 pts
3. Shadow of the Beast 15 pts

4. Ghost Light 14 pts
5. Touched by the Mara 11 pts
5. Legacy in a Rhyme 11 pts
7. The Highland 10 pts
8. Year of the Phoenix 9 pts
9. March through an Endless Rain 3 pts
10. Arise 1 pts​

Voters: JackieParis, Chrissie, TheAnonymous, Yuffi, MetalHanzo, Tatsumaru, NM 156, RedCriss, GuitarRage99, KupoBarlow, The Wicked One, SilverPhoenix, Re-Aligned, Iced Dog, Kamil Pietruczynik, Thorns On My Grave, abominae1, Muzmaze, Oddity_13

@ Muz & Oddity: nevermind that you might change your top 3, guess that's the same for most of us... I usually love the song most that I'm just listening to! That's "Ghost Light" at the moment... :kickass:

I just realized that it was RedCriss not muzmaze counting the scores.

Don't know what was goin' on in my head.

If you ever get the chance listen to the outro to...

The Ivory Gate of Dreams, Pt. 3: Daylight Dreamers...
on the album " No Exit".

by Fates Warning...The most METAL outro in the history of metal...

Give it a listen if you get a chance. It was just re-issued/re-mastered.

"No Exit" by Fates Warning

They are one of the pioneers of progressive metal.

I actually have bought "Awaken the Guardian"... well... uhm... more than ten years ago! I haven't listened to it that often as I didn't like the vocals so much at that time. Well yeah, there are simply just a few voices that move me, like Matt, Zak Stevens, James Hetfield and some others... I almost forgot Urban breed! There are so many voices that lack emotion, at least in my opinion. But I'm getting off-topic, I'll now listen to "Awaken the Guardian" and try to listen to "No Exit" soon. :)