Immortal

Originally posted by sentience_withers
at the moment I'm torn between Battles in the North, Blizzard Beasts, Pure Holocaust, and At the Heart of Winter. So I'll just choose Sons of Northern Darkness instead.
:lol: Amen!

Sons of Northern Darkness
At the Heart of Winter
Pure Holocaust

I once heard 'Battles in the North' was said to sound like a bunch of spanners in a spin dryer...

Originally posted by requiem
How does 'Battles in the North' stack up to 'Pure Holocaust'? I've got PH and love it. I suppose I can't really go wrong with BitN, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
BitN is a great follow-up to PH, with IMO a better production and show their evolution as musicians. The production is one of my favourites of all time, sounding kinda cold, grim and very dry (well... that's how I would desribe it, anyway).
Abbath's drumming and vox are perhaps his most intense work ever. :cool:

Immortal er grimt og alle cd'ene er bra...
Slutt og bruk de jævla forkortelsene, det heter ikkje PH, det heter PURE HOLOCAUST. De som ikkje skjønner dette eller norsk språk kan lide

NORGE

Of Immortal albums i would say Battles In The North and Pure Polocaust for being grim and brutal but you should also check out Damned In Black..... mighty good black metal, just like The Sons Of Northern Darkness..... The best thing would be to just get all the albums, every single one of them is a masterpiece og hatred, cold and grimness

I missed the small Immortal tour earlier this year, because I lived in Atlanta, Ga. at the time, and they didn't come down south. :(

Now, I live in New York, and I wish I could have seen them with Manowar in Brooklyn in May...*sigh*

When will Immortal come back to the U.S.? Does anyone have a clue? Goddamnit, they need to headline, too! That band has a huge following over here, and I think us American Immortal fans, who have barely ever had a chance to see the band in their 10 years of existence, deserve a full tour! Anyone agree?

Nugent Goes AOL said:
I missed the small Immortal tour earlier this year, because I lived in Atlanta, Ga. at the time, and they didn't come down south. :(

Now, I live in New York, and I wish I could have seen them with Manowar in Brooklyn in May...*sigh*

When will Immortal come back to the U.S.? Does anyone have a clue? Goddamnit, they need to headline, too! That band has a huge following over here, and I think us American Immortal fans, who have barely ever had a chance to see the band in their 10 years of existence, deserve a full tour! Anyone agree?
In an interview with Horgh in a local newspaper (because they were nominated to a Norwegian Grammy), he said that they are planning a tour to the U.S. He didn't say when, but the tour would last a month and a half.