Impetuous Ritual

Anom@nder Rake

lives on the internet
Sep 21, 2004
new jersey, usa
I didn't post in this the rec subforum since approximately 3 people would view it. This debut album is made by two members of Portal. I know opinions on Portal are quite divided where you either think their music is directionless bullshit or you think they rule. I hold the opinion of the latter and this Impetuous Ritual album wipes the floor with anything Portal has created. This is death metal the way it's supposed to be played. Dark, occult and absolutely crushing! The drumming is just incredible and the atmosphere this album envokes is second to none. It's easily one of the finest Death Metal albums to come out in the past few years. I linked two songs from jewtube and the other is from the label's website.

511-hpmtzl_ss500_.jpg

1. Elegy 05:32

3. Coalescence of Entropy 02:47
4. Ceremonial Disembowelment 03:19
5. Destitution 02:17

7. Unhallowed Ascendance into Impurity 03:32
8. Ritual of the Crypt 03:38
9. Dirge 08:42

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to check this out, heard about it before but never got a chance. Totally psyched to be able to see Portal in May.

I'll have to check this out, heard about it before but never got a chance. Totally psyched to be able to see Portal in May.

That Portal, Gorguts, Krallice show should be incredible. All 3 band will be playing MDF a few days later but I'd love to see them in a small club. An RC gathering should be in the works :kickass:

I'll be at the Brooklyn show. Its on a Wednesday I think so should be a pretty slim crowd.
One of the greatest beer and wine bars is literally right next to the venue which is a major PLUS!

yeah this is super awesome

it kind of reminds me of teitanblood a lil bit

I'll be at the Brooklyn show. Its on a Wednesday I think so should be a pretty slim crowd.
One of the greatest beer and wine bars is literally right next to the venue which is a major PLUS!

Should be good. Also, yess to spuyten duyvil :kickass:love the old maps on the walls, reminds me of elementary school :loco: Always something i've never tried before in there

I've listened to Impetuous Ritual a few times since getting it. Haven't really formed an opinion one way or another on it yet though.

Yeah, I heard this a while back. I hear a bit of portal in it and I think it's pretty ace.

Spikes, are you still going tomorrow to Portal/Gorguts?
90% chance that I will be there ... :loco:

well I am 10 minutes away from the place so will go check it out. I can't believe this can be sold out on a Wednesday. might be just the online ticket sales, who knows.