Impetuous Ritual

well after hanging out like a douche outside for like 45 minutes, no tickets. amazing how many people came looking for some as well.
300 capacity venue sold out on a Wed night.
this sucks ass.

I do think I saw Portal unmasked though outside pulling up in a minivan and unloading gear. I know what Krallice, Gorguts and even Bloody Panda looks like and these guys were also chatting it up in a Aussie accent, so it must have been them. good news is they don't look like nerds, bad news is it demystified them a bit.

did one of them look like this? i can't believe this show sold out. yesterday i was on the knitting factory website, contemplating buying a ticket but decided not to to say $5 because i'm a jew. portal is closing one of the nights of MDF and that was why i wanted to see them before mdf. 12+ hours drinking and being out in the sun watching bands is really draining and portal plays at 12:30am one night.

Impetuous+Ritual+imprit03.jpg

yeah that dude looked like one of them.

also, it's like almost 100 degrees in NYC today, those executioner hoods must be a bitch on stage today.

Tried to make it through Swarth last night. No dice. It's completely un-ace. I have to wonder if this band was four guys in blue jeans and black t-shirts if they'd be getting as much attention as they are.

four guys in jeans probably not. the theatrics do make for an immersive experience however. but it's no easy listening.
makes me wonder where they can go from here?!?!

Agreed. However, that immersion only happens in a live setting or with a video. It could be interesting if a band like this released DVDs instead of CDs, and truly married the visual to the music.

that would certainly be interesting. definetelly something original that was never attempted.

another great vid from the show. seems like they brought out the best in future filmmakers aka/Brooklyn hipsters :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
so Blacky from Voivod posts a picture of The Curator as his profile yesterday on FB ... so I got some chatting with him. turns out he did the live sound on the East Coast tour for Portal and Gorguts last week.
I could have swore I saw him running around outside the club as I was waiting for tickets at the Brooklyn show but I shook it off as "nah, why would he be here? must be someone else" ... turns out it was.

>>>>
I was not playing with then I was their sound technician for 4 shows during a mini tour with Gorguts which I was also doing sound for. Two amazing band and it was an honor to work for them. You can check this link for full on review, www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/05/gorguts_portal.html , before I forget I also did sound for Krallice and Bloody Panda to say the least. What a freakin amazing week it was.

check out the track Werships from the last disc Swarth ... I don't think you made it that far into the disc :lol:
it's probably the most accessible track they have.