IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

Hell yeah, this is great news Dan :)

Like others before me have said we would love to work with you if we get a record deal sometime. We're recording our first full-length album right now in a home-studio, but it's still a demo-thingy so we haven't got any budget to work with the elite yet ;)

Anyway, cool to hear, I hope this works out for ya!

Tack för t-shirten förresten, denna storleken passade perfekt, så nu är jag en levande reklampelare för Nightingale :D

/Thomas

Oinkness said:
I sent Dan Swanö an email about joining my band. :)

Haha, that just might happen - today I discovered about this band, Mahlström I think it was called, some Belgian black metal band where Dan provides some guest vocals.. he also sings on the Canopy EP During Day One, so if you get lucky you might get some guest vocals/solo :D

I've noticed alot of people saying they need a label to cover working with Dan, NOT true!!! I'm in Eden's Fall and we are not signed but still managed to afford working with the best. You would be surprised at how reasonable Dan is on his prices so don't be afraid to ask him. Dan offers a service that can not be touched by anyone else. The personal attention he gives your project will make you feel liked you're in a signed band.

John
Eden's Fall

thank you man....

My primary goal with this change will be to help smaller bands/labels get the big band/label productionstyle. I will work for around 27 USD/21 Euro per hour (200 skr+moms) Ribspreader just send me 4 songs (around 15 min. music) and a "budget" covering 5 (five) hours. I know I will knock out a good sound in this time. I prefer to have a little bit more time than this :) but remember. Stuff like "The Somberlain" and "Dark Endless" was recorded and mixed in less than a week!!!

Wow, I feel dumb now, but kind of relieved...

I emailed you again Dan, asking how long it would take to do a four song EP of about 25-30 minutes of music and thought it would total around forty hours...But shit, it seems you are quite a bit quicker than we thought! So that's good news... : )

Dan Swanö said:
thank you man....

My primary goal with this change will be to help smaller bands/labels get the big band/label productionstyle. I will work for around 27 USD/21 Euro per hour (200 skr+moms) Ribspreader just send me 4 songs (around 15 min. music) and a "budget" covering 5 (five) hours. I know I will knock out a good sound in this time. I prefer to have a little bit more time than this :) but remember. Stuff like "The Somberlain" and "Dark Endless" was recorded and mixed in less than a week!!!

I've sent your announcement to the Rock Hard Mag (Frank) and they've posted it in their news section on www.rockhard.de. Perhaps they post it in the next magazine too. Hope that will help you!

Dan Swanö said:
thank you man....

And boy does the new Dissection production suck. I wish you could have produced their new album. The new production has nothing of that cold icy feeling of "The somberlain" or "Storm of the light's bane".

it's really great that dan swano likes helping small bands get great quality of their work, dan you are our saviour!!

Tranquillian said:
And boy does the new Dissection production suck. I wish you could have produced their new album. The new production has nothing of that cold icy feeling of "The somberlain" or "Storm of the light's bane".

I always felt a bit disappointed with this production. The soundideal changed a lot during the recordingprocess. But I guess it turned out OK, I probably owe a lot to Peter In De Betou, who rescued a lot of my early mixes. In those days I often had 1 or 2 days to mix and no time to go back to remix..these days I spend more time with the mixes than ever before...and you know what...it pais off...it sounds fucking cool! The upcoming Ribspreader mix (after Rogga re-do the guitars because the sound was lame....:) ) will crush your skullz!!

Peace.

Danne

I'M MAKING SONGS WITH A FRIEND OF MINE AND SURE HE WILL BE AGREED WITH ME IN WORKING WITH YOU DAN, WE JUST NEED TIME TO HAVE MORE COOL SONGS...

WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE OUR SONGS MIXED BY THE MAN

We're recording our first demo album with Zombie Destrüktion right now, and so far stuff turns out pretty good. We're going to mix it ourselves in our drummers studio (the tall dude that was with me when we met you in Linköping for the t-shirt-switch), but maybe we could get some cash together for you to help us with some mastering touches? I haven't discussed this with the other guys yet, but I think it would be great for our overall sound to let an outside professional listen to it and "hone the edges" so to speak...

Let me know if you could do this kind of stuff as well =)

Thomas / Zombie Destrüktion