Important - Mexico & Colombia Cancelled!

Originally posted by Arch
I would care if the gig/tour was canceled and the promoter would NOT give me my full refund of the ticket price.

so I did get the money of the tickets back. But what about the money I spent in hotel, transport, food and all that shit. We dont live in Mexico city. Me and my friends were wasting lots of money to see that show.

This kind of stuff are just wrong, and then I thought "It would be all easier if they used ticket master" Because I also have lots of trouble about getting my money back, I bought the tickets in the chopo tianguis.

Hello DT Fans!!!
Yeah I also heard the interview, well there are to stories, who is telling the truth??
Hell!! 1700 pre-selled tickets here in Colombia, thats great, how many times can DT have this audience? you lost it guys :D
Recent Terrorism ???, where ??? , thats in the fucking jungle and little towns nobody goes there, so why DT have to worry about ??? you are not going to play in the same place where is the "guerrilla"!! thats stupid, here came DIMMU BORGIR (ask them how they felt here in Colombia: GREAT!!!), Tristania, Therion, Megadeth, Sepultura, Napalm, Kreator!!! and nothing fucking happened!! even Metallicats came :lol:
Bye and really what a shame!!! you are not rockstars (sorry for that, I know is not you guys from the band, its your gay management!!!) :eek:

--------------------------
Angelbreeze WROTE:
I was listening a few minutes ago in a radio station in Monterrey, Mexico the explanation from the local promotor about the cancelled gigs in Mexico and Colombia.

The local promotor said they looked for DT's manager the whole last week, but they couldn't found him until january 6th. because DT's manager had been sick.

They said the DT's manager said the band would cancel the Colombian gig because the recent terrorism attacks overthere, and asked the local promotor to change the Colombian airplane tickets for hotel reservations during 7 days in Mexico until the USA tour. The local promotor said they accepted, but then DT's manager asked for airplane tickets from Tampa to Sweden at the end of the USA tour and also complained about the arrival to Monterrey would be at 2:00a.m., explaining the local promotor it was the reason why they decided to cancel the gigs in Mexico.

Is it the true indeed?

I wasn't too happy with this post found on the D.T. guestbook:

fichdichDT | 2003-01-12 |

Im tired of european shit, do you really think that mexican promoters didnt do their job?, there was a lot of flyers in streets and lot of promotion. Is stupid to think that a promoter is going to lie in such a situation and lose lot of money just for fun. DT: YOU are JUST a bunch of LIERS. I DONT TRUST in your word, those kind of explanations (in main page) are for stupid-brainless-teenagers... perros...

What do you guys think?

i think insults come in all hues. no need to worry about ppl who'd like to stir up some trouble.

for once, i'm sure dt bandmembers do not individually pick and choose the clubs where they're going to play, otherwise - given their average kindness - they'd be entertaining me and my friends in local pubs every summer.
secondarily, i'm not even sure the tour management is to blame for worrying about safety issues. it's not just guerrilla, it could be anything. even admitting street warfare is an exaggeration, we still know nothing about other possible problems and how the management did choose to deal with them. i wouldn't base my opinion on something either the promoters or cm tour management said because i don't think they'd just admit their fault, no matter who's to blame.
radical opinionated positions like that of john carvajal seem to me - with due respect - the product of naivety and gullibility.

rahvin.

thats why im trying to get proof. I tend to disbelieve the mexican promotors based on the fact that

a) i found out about this at 1:00pm local time
b) i posted dt's official statement on the metalipsis forum at 1:04 local time as seen here: http://www.metalipsis.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=22
c) the first official statement on the part of metalipsis was made shortly after, anyone is free to find an earlier post but you wont: they basically made an official statement after I made it clear DT made an official statement. As seen here:
http://www.metalipsis.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=23

They admit THEY cancelled so they knew at the same time Dark Tranquillity emited their official statement ( at the very least ) Now how comes the page is updated RIGHT AFTER i make it public on their own forums, beyond any doubt? They knew before me, thats a fact ( they stated it ) so why wait until i sprayed the news? what are they trying to hide?

Now days after Dark Tranquillity stated that their management couldnt find metalipsis they state that dt's management is lying, and they were trying to reach dt's management and that is their fault things didnt got planned.

Now onto my next point

They stated, in the local radio ( on mty ) that the ticket sales where not doing well, and they made the mistake of saying numbers ( there are literally thousands of witnesses of this since everyone listens to the show ). They stated that about a 100 or more but less than 200 tickets where sold in Monterrey city. My ticket number is 216 and i got it almost a WEEK in advance. THey stated that in Mexico City, they only sold less than 300 tickets and everyone can go look at thanatos ticket scan:

dtticket1.jpg

as seen on thread
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64973&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

and see that his ticket number is way over that. And if DT's management is to blame as they claim, why are they giving us this information about low ticket sales as a short of an excuse? and even then why are they outright lying about the ticket sales?

This is a very interesting case

*bump*

@rahvin: Could you put an sticky on this thread? some heavy shit is being said against Dark Tranquillity and i think i offer enough proof here to make everyone see DT is not to blame.

Either that or the number on the tickets is at random ( highly unlikely ). And even if you add the numbers they speak of ( in case they say the tickets were splitted, even knowing the Mexico City says Mexico df and the Monterrey city ticked says Monterrey ) the number on thanatos ticket is still too high.

and what a coincidence haggard's concert in merida was also cancelled... this was being organised by the same guys. in haggard's official page, asis also gives a statement blaming the metalipsis guys. i hardly think both bands would lie like that.

the ticket from Thanatos is wrong,because I got the 013 and 014 a week before the show and the guy told me that they weren't selling that good

I don't know,i think they printed like 2000 tickets and distributed them in different locations
I bought mine in pericoapa and he only sold 13 before I bought mine that's why I asked Thanatos where he bought his

well either way, if they did sold low it just proves my point even further because that means they were rellying on the ticket sales to pay the band expenses, that would also explain why they didnt contacted the band and why they outright cancelled a totally unrelated gig.

yeah but they have done the same many times and not only metalipsis,they did the same with some other gigs,last mnute cancel because they sold less than 250 tickets
but it's their fault because they start selling them 2 weeks before and they know we don't have money available everyday so they should at least give more time