Impulse Collection Pack

Teddyboy

Oct 6, 2008
Athens,Greece
www.facebook.com
I would like to thank all of you guys who created and shared with us your impulses! They are great and made our recordings better!
I made and uploaded a rar file with all the impulses i managed to gather either from this forum or around the net or from friends of mine. It has all the famous impulses we use here and many more. It's a 78.5MB file, so that's quite possible that there might be some double ones, but I don't think that it will be such a problem...

Note that NONE of the impulses is my creation and that I only collected them and uploaded in one file, so we have to thank their creators once again!!!
I hope "The Fury Of The Impulse Creators Hand" won't stuck, but if so, tell me to delete the uploaded file...

http://rapidshare.com/files/151587481/Teddyboy_s_Impulse_Collection.rar

Is there a text file with all the files in it? Just for easy ID if new ones are posted :)

Unfortunately, no... But I think that the last ones added were "Metaltastic's JSX + Mesa Stiletto Cab Impulses" and "ProjectHamsterdam Impulse Pack Alpha 1.1 (CelestionV30 Only)". The subfolders' names are the ones from the original downloaded rar files, so you can easily understand where is everything you search. If you still have any trouble, I will make a txt file with the contents of my rar file.

By the end of today, you'll have to update it though, cuz I'm about to get cracking on another set! :)

By the end of today, you'll have to update it though, cuz I'm about to get cracking on another set! :)

That is wonderful man!!!! You know that you can never have enough impulses and samples, even if you choose your favorite and use them all the time!! I'm sure the new set is going to sound as great as the previous one! So this will be the beginning of the second collection! When I manage to get enough new impulses i will upload another package

Iamandy - Sorry my friend, but I can upload it only in Rapidshare. I hope that someone else will upload it in another host..

ProjectHamsterdam - I only collected and upload them. We should thank all of you guys for creating them!! You did the "dirty job", not me...

Niksounds - I didn't even know the existence of those impulses!! Could you or anyone else upload them?

I got the idea of uploading them by reading some posts in which people were asking for some impulses and I thought it would be helpful to have them all them in one package..

are there descriptions in it which speakers and equipment was used for a impulse?
i want to try impulses out but earlier with the GH impulses i just thought, that its stupid to check out lots of unspecified impulses when i know, that i only like v30s.

Well I can tell you that GH's are Krank Rev. 1 power section through a Mesa Traditional Straight cab w/ V30s if that helps :)

i try to keep track of who and when on these things, but sometimes you just miss a few. i personally want specifics to give them credit on the next CD. i wonder how daunting it would be to compile a quick 'who's who' and impulses reference??? on most of mine i named the sub-directory containing the impulses with their forum nickname, but it'd be nice to give an actual name credit. i suppose i could pm each. probably end up doing that, but still - a list for people downloading these for the first time would be nice.

I put a notepad file with my info in my new batch here! (provided you choose to use them of course ;))

excellent! pictures AND a txt file!!!

really man, if people are going to go thru this much trouble they shoudl get credit!

btw - the new impulses are awesome! a LOT of presence. so many lack that. excellent job! thanks!

Is there any sort of program that I can get to run the impulses. I looked over the forum for something about it but didn't see anything around. If you guys can throw a few names at me, I'll be able to at least get looking.

Cheers

Voxengo Boogex is the best free one if you're on PC, search for "Impulse FAQ" for a thread with all the info you'll need! If you're on a Mac, then you're shit outta luck with free options I'm afraid