Impulse request (For those of you that use GuitarAmpModeling.com method)

TLTD

Old dude
Sep 7, 2010
soundcloud.com
I'm wondering if any of you that use this method...
http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?t=1745

...have saved your files that you blend with the test tone in Deconvolver.

Anything with a cabinet, SM57 or e906 mic. Any kind of speaker but Sheffield or Scumbacks are of particular interest.

If you didn't save the files, I'd still like to try your impulses.

Feel free to talk mics & cabs, plug commercial impulses, or say what you'd like even if you don't have anything to offer. It's that kind of thread. I don't want someone in 2015 to finally respond back lol

BTW, I already have the Ownhammer 412 SLM M75. I was going to get the H75 but don't see either on their site any more. I have to thank Clark Kent for demoing those on Youtube, instantly got the M set.

Is there a way to make an IR from an isolated pre-existing guitar track?

If you have a recording of your preamp direct maybe. You need a 3 second part that goes from very low frequency to very high and will still lose a lot & have a bunch of noise probably lol

Now if you are using an amp sim and did a bunch of stuff to some crappy impulse in your mix or like your amp sims cabinets, or whatever gear that lets you turn cabinets on and off you can easily "reamp" or turn off the preamp and record the tone through that then Deconvolve it.

I made a bunch of impulses from the now hard to find Ownhammer Scumback 412 SLM M75 impulses and notching out different curves known to be boosted with ENLG/Mesa/Palmer in their "recording preamps" & gear thinking I could use them "after the fact" (which worked since I decabbed it) but also helped so I could even everything out more for mixes & avoid the A typical sounds & decide how big I wanted the low end/add sustain by riding levels/etc. Anything's worth trying if you have an idea.