Impulses and recording

carvedones

May 16, 2007
Ok im new to impulses (really liking them). Ok i would like opinions on recording tech. I have a crate bv (flame away i dont care). It has a direct out line. So should i record using that then add the impulse later, as this is what i have been trying. Also should you record the amp clean or dirty (if your after dirty sound)?

Also does anyone have any engl iompulses, and are impulse used only for cabs or can they be used as pre amps also?

I have also tried them recording direct via di and through an amp modeller with no cab. (what do you think will give the best results)

Im trying to get a recto type vibe (you know a darker tone). So far its coming along well. But i still have some dialing in on the amp. Im using "mesa cab and krank cab 4 tracks)" that impulse.my main problem at the moment is the final sound is to bright. I am trying to get as close as possible to the sound im after before a bother with any eq.

If anyone has any advice on some settings to try i would be grateful. (This is just for home demo/recording practise, so reamping is not needed...yet)

At present my fave sounds come from rectos and powerballs.

I have a test on myspace at : http://www.myspace.com/donguitaristaustralia
its the one called "another test using..." (the one titled "test" was amp modeler)

never mind I'm drunk. is it doubled? sounds really tight but you may want to change some settings so each side doesn't sound similar.