New Engl 4x12 Impulses

gorath23

Feb 6, 2008
I came across these supposed Engl impulses when I downloaded a large impulse collection from another site, They are not my own and there is no readme with them so I can't give credit where its due, besides to say they rock (only tried them with Wagner). They AREN'T Poidaobi's though. I thought I should share considering how much people have been asking for Engl impulses:

http://cid-5ba3958448d400f2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/ENGL 4x12.rar

Enjoy! :headbang:

EDIT: Wild Hades has claimed these as his own, all props go to him!

are these the ones that are not real, but sound like them made by Wilde Hades on this forum? I just wonder, as i couldnt find any for love nor money upon my original searches, thats why Peter did them. Source??

When you say not real? They sound awesome to my ears... apologies Wild Hades, I have never come across your Impulses before in all my searches for ENGL stuff, so I had no clue they were yours. Could you elaborate how you made them? I mean no disrespect to Poidaobi, but I prefer these, more up front. Oh and I can't download them from that other site, anywhere else they are hosted?

Yeah, in the thread, it says "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." Help would be much appreciated dude, cuz I want these bad! :headbang:

Exactly, you have to be registered...
They're hosted only on that forum (AFAIK)...

The process is a bit complex/long, but you could get good results, expecially if you have a good impulse to start with...
I've described it here:
http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2641&p=14190#p14190
Let's say that it's a way more accurate version of matching eq...
(I should edit the post, since I discovered that a pink noise works way better than a sinesweep to prevent high frequency peaks...)

Oh, and thanks for trying them out!
The new Engl ones are way better than those posted here btw!

Cool, just downloaded them. Looking forward to trying these out with the Fireball. So correct me if I understood wrong, but the technique you used is more accurate than the regular method of creating impulses? I did read about it btw, but I couldn't work out whether it was a better method or not. Also, what power amp section do these impulses 'use', for lack of a better word?

Cool, just downloaded them. Looking forward to trying these out with the Fireball. So correct me if I understood wrong, but the technique you used is more accurate than the regular method of creating impulses? I did read about it btw, but I couldn't work out whether it was a better method or not. Also, what power amp section do these impulses 'use', for lack of a better word?

I don't think he meant his were any better or worse. I just think he meant if you start with some good impulses and edit them just right you can get good results making new different impulses.

None of the above...
It is not meant to be more accurate than taking an impulse from a real power-amp, cab, mic... no way, obviously.
What I mean is that this method is more accurate than applying curve-eq to a sound to match another tone...
Let's say that you get the impulse of the cab but with a slight different frequency response, compared to the original...
Anyway if you read carefully the link above you should get the idea, more or less...

These impulses have been extracted from a bunch of clips I've found here and around the net, I didn't know about the amp, only about the cab and mic used...
It is not curve-eq applied to an existing impulse, in fact, if you read the post, at a certain point, you have to switch off the basic impulse to extract the new one directly from the clip...

Pretty crazy stuff, but since I don't have a cab I have to do this :D