Advice on Impulses

Nov 6, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
I've been reading around the forum a lot about IRs, and I've downloaded the GuitarHack impulses from: http://relivethefuture.com/music/patches/GuitarHacksImpulses.rar, which I found in the sticky on the main forum. The other links to impulses in the sticky in this actual forum didn't work for me...

These impulses are really helping my sound, so a bit THANKS, MUCH APPRECIATED to Mr. GuitarHack!

However, I hear people talking about newer IRs in some of the threads. In particular, I downloaded a bunch of impulses titled "Guitar Cab Impulses.zip", but they were al sd2 files (they had lots of new impulses + some old ones). I converted them to wav for use with Revalver III (on my Macbook pro) but they didn't work properly...

Just wondering if you guys have any advice on the above, or any other IRs that are not listed in the stickies that are worth trying. Just want to make sure I have as many at my disposal as possible!!

hanks again to GuitarHack, man you don't know how much you have helped me get a better tone :headbang:

If I remember, I'll zip down my whole impulse folder and upload it for you. It's not at home though so I'll see if I can swing by tonight and get them for you. No promises though!

Excellent man, that would be really cool :)

The best ones that I've used are GuitarHack's, poidaobi's & Metaltastic's sets. Recabinet also has some easy-access ones as part of a demo, which has been linked to above.

Thanks man, this is the kinda advice I was after! Cool, I will do searches for those guys :)

I must also try out the Recabinet demo...