Impulses for clean tone??

mjgg6

Jun 17, 2003
Canary Islands Spain
Visit site
Hello there I have been doing some tests with impulses to record clean guitars but notice a little distortion in the recorded clip. I was wondering if is correct to use impulses for clean tone recording??? So I decided to ask you all.

Any help will be great.
Thanks a lot.

yea, but also remember that cab impulses are going to also display the characteristics of the power amp along with the cab/mic/preamp, so if the power amp was running pretty hot, you might be adding some crunchiness to the tone

OK thanks... now I was wondering the best way to mix a clean tone; Is usual to hard pan? 2 or 4 tracks? I´m trying to record some Katatonia´s like guitars; I love them clean tone but I cannot figure what are they using... It sounds for me like a overdriven telecaster... but I´m not sure.

Cheers.

telecasters are great for clean and slight overdrive... I have 2 myself.

Get a tele squier, because even those have that really good twang and are very affordable.

Also I like to mix some tele high gain with the humbuckers tracks because it gives you an out of this world crunch. Hear some Lost Prophets tracks to hear the crunch.