IMPULSES vs THE REAL THING: Can you guess which is which?

I am pretty sure B is the impulse in each set. I can hear the telltale static sshhhh.
Really close though.
I can hear it on my Focal Twins but most people, especially non engineers, wouldn't notice any difference.
I will fill in your survey later. On my way out the door now.

My guess is impulse = 1 all B, 2 All A, 3 All B. Indeed, the quality of the track is a bit low quality, probably due to soundcloud. I think if we had a WAV format of the track we'd be better able to distinguish. That's my guess.

1B had more low end, but I didn't notice anything else. 1A seemed tighter, but I was thinking it was the real deal. 2A and 2B, I noticed no difference in. I heard an upper midrange fizz in 3B that I dug, and thought it might be the real deal.

wow i got 2 out of 3 >.<
i dont know if that 3rd one was because it sounded better or because of my mind saying "they cant be all A :rofl:"

3/3 right, booyah! I agree that the third one was a bit tricky, and I did note that I thought 3A sounded slightly better than 3B, at least without processing.

Great test by the way Empathy, I think you did a smashing job getting the impulses as close as possible to the real thing.