Impulses w/ Logic and Space Designer

arkadin

Mr.
Jul 16, 2008
www.soundclick.com
So i've been using impulses with Space Designer in Logic and i find that 99% of the impulses i've tried sound absolutely terrible. The only one i find usable are the DSS3 mesa impulses (they actually sound pretty good to me). From listening to how good everyone else's impulsed tones are, i get the impression that i might be doing something wrong here. Is there something that i should be doing with the impulses after loading em into space designer and having the mix set to 100% wet? Do impulses sound different depending on what program you use?

I'm using an ADA mp-1 btw.

set the dry at zero and wet at 100%. also the volume coming out of your amp sim needs to be pretty low to avoid clipping. thats the best advice i can give. it took me a long time to get where im at with impulses but i still suck in comparison to others on the board. Hopefully some more logic guys will chime in and help out.

I´m not sure what are you doing bad. I´m new logic user but SDesigner works well for me; I just load the impulse an rise wet 100 and dry down to 0, that very important. I´m using some ENGL and guitarhack and they are working well... not as good as the people here but I keep trying :headbang:

Cheers.