In Cahoots 2/16/03 - The night of the living Cookie Monster!

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
I suppose I should apologize for the title of this thread, but this best describes the majority of the vocalists present at Faces of Metal III (growl vocals, or Cookie Monster metal as Smylex has taught me to call it...). Many new bands are going with this style vocalist, and I can't blame them - old school metal just doesn't get much airplay anymore, so they want to go with the style that is getting attention...

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to scan very many pics (I developed six rolls of film from my trip), but I thought I would share a couple of Maidens shots I managed to capture while everyone waits for my little mini-documentary...

I thought this picture of Jen was way too cool!

ijen1.jpg

A fun band shot...

iband1.jpg

And this shot of JoJo was pretty cool IMHO

ijojo3.jpg

And another good Sara shot -

isara2.jpg

More later when I get a chance to scan them - still recovering from lack of sleep and jet lag!
:zzz:

Hate to say it, but you are right about the cookie monster thing and the fact that the more melodic stuff (Iron Maiden for example) doesn't get enough airplay. I have seen some really heavy bands in the past that could have been even better with a vocalist who has a range and can grasp the concept of pitch.