What do the Iron Maidens think of Dance of Death?

Keyser Soze said:
then don't listen to it! ;)
I don't. In fact, I'm about to use it in the same capacity that I use the AOL Trial CDs...as a frisbee! Maybe a coaster. Or, I'll put it to really good use and put it under the couch to keep it level.

http://www.cavemanproductions.com/cavediary.htm

IRON MAIDEN Producer Defends 'Dance Of Death' Sound - Nov. 7, 2003

Writing to his web site, Shirley said, "I have been getting all sorts of
e-mails (yeah I read 'em, but don't reply to them all) about the sonic quality
of 'Dance of Death'. Now, I don't need to qualify anything, except it sounds
like that 'cos it's meant to sound like that! The band love it! Nicko [McBrain]
prefers the energy of the drum/guitar balance to 'Brave New World', which
actually featured more drums (which he liked). Steve [Harris] says the bass
finally sounds like his rig sounds. The three amigos love the guitars -
including the odd amp crackle and distortion which is the sound of them live -
and that, my friends, is Bruce singing like he sings! Not coaxed, and digitally
enhanced, tuned and corrected. IRON MAIDEN - captured. The songs are great, but
not necessarily reflective of nu-metal themes - because THEY ARE NOT NU-METAL!
That is IRON MAIDEN, and no one is stopping you filling up your CD players with
LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT or CHEVELLE, or whatever the hell you think is a fine
sounding record. (they all sound sonically pretty similar to me, whereas NO-ONE
else sounds like MAIDEN. I love the album. So, Up the Irons - and for the
know-it-all detractors = Up yours!"

RDRR

I never once complained about the sound quality of the album.

Production-wise, it's okay. I like the sonic qualities of the album. The guitar sounds are really nice and the bass is signature Harris. My problem with this album is the songwriting. The band sounds like they're merely rehashing ideas that have been done better on previous albums.

Like Morbid Angel's Gateways to Annihilation CD from 2001, I feel this album is a misstep in their career. That album sucked, just as Dance of Death sucks. MA's new album, Heretic, blows many of their previous releases out of the water. Sure, both bands have put out bad albums but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop listening to them. However, if they continue to put out albums that suck, (that's MY OPINION, you don't have to agree) then I WILL stop listening to their new material.

The album is fabulous to my standards!
I agree that the cover looks to be last minutes on a computer before a dead line. But what doesn't look Maiden, makes up for the way it sounds.

Eh smylex, I'll take your copy since you don't like it. I've listen to my copy of DOD so much, it skips now.
I wasn't crazy about the XFactor,but I wouldn't think of desecrating any of Maiden's albums like your threating to do so.

Potpossum said:
Eh smylex, I'll take your copy since you don't like it. I've listen to my copy of DOD so much, it skips now.
Sounds like your CD player doesn't like it either! :D More than likely, the spindle that holds the CD while it rotates in the player is off it's axis resulting in the scratches. Check your other CDs for scratches as well. Either that, or you're not storing your CDs properly.

smylex said:
Sounds like your CD player doesn't like it either! :D More than likely, the spindle that holds the CD while it rotates in the player is off it's axis resulting in the scratches. Check your other CDs for scratches as well. Either that, or you're not storing your CDs properly.

Thanks for the info,I'll check it out. Its probably the CD player, I guard my Maiden CD's and handle them with care. Then again,one of the kids could have been fucking around with it!