In case anyone cares, it's Rod's fault

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
As little as I feel like discussing anything Maiden-related just now, I thought I should share this email I received today from the SA tourism minister.

W

Dear Mr Lord

Thank you for your email dated 3 October 2007, regarding the Iron Maiden Australian tour in 2008.

The Adelaide Entertainment Centre was in regular contact with the Australian based promoter prior to the announcement of the forthcoming Iron Maiden tour to endeavour to get Adelaide included as part of the tour.

Tentative dates were booked at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre to accommodate the tour, and numerous phone conversations with the promoter were held to try to ensure that Adelaide was included in the tour.

Unfortunately, Iron Maiden’s management provided the promoter with a strictly limited number of concerts due to an extremely tight tour schedule throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Given these limitations, the promoter chose to visit the larger capital cities where they can maximise ticket sales.

It is disappointing for fans when this occurs, but it is often outside the control of the venues and the local promoter; as was the case on this occasion.

I commend you for your efforts in setting up a petition and wish you well with that endeavour.

Yours sincerely

Jane Lomax-Smith
MINISTER FOR EDUCATION AND CHILDREN’S SERVICES
MINISTER FOR TOURISM
MINISTER FOR THE CITY OF ADELAIDE
15/10/07

it IS pretty sucky that Adelaide don't get a show so that they can fill up the eastern seaboard.

If I still lived in Adelaide, I'd want to see them.

It's interesting how this country works. The East (and the cashed up due to the resources boom) West get attention. Move into NSW, and NSW may as well stand for "Newcastle Sydney Wollongong".

Does anyone happen to know how to get in touch with Smallwood's new company (Phantom Music Management) and remind them Adelaide exists?

That bit about tentative dates being arranged and negotiations made really pisses me off. It sounds like we were set to be on the itinerary until someone changed their mind and decided to fuck us over. DCE Group haven't answered any of my emails since the bog standard "logistical problems" non-response I got when I first wrote to them, and I'm grateful to the state pollies I've contacted so far for all the info they've given me.

It's a shame I got a new Number of the Beast T-shirt for my birthday, because I can't bring myself to wear the thing.

W

Ultimately, it is Iron Maidens fault, the promoter needs to make dough, cant blame him, I would be doing the same and so would all of you. Harris is a cunt and should do one extra night here, fuckers.

Too bad it was a Labor polly though, so not really a polly, just a PR representative.

I discovered the other day that I can now access UM from work. I also opened this thread, in which every second post seems to have the word "cunt" in it.

I don't think I'll be visiting much from a work computer in future. :lol:

US
Mexico
Costa Rica
Colombia
Brazil
ARGENTINA
Chile
Puerto Rico
Canada

added, and still no Adelaide !!!

In keeping with the tradition this thread seems to have taken on...

BASTARDSONOFABITCHCUNTWHOREMOTHERFUCKINGSWINES!!!

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I shall think very seriously about buying the next Maiden album when the time comes. Not that it'll make a lick of difference to them, but right now I don't much feel like supporting a band who can't be arsed to visit a place they haven't played since 1985 when they'll already be in the country :bah:.

W

Well, some of us in Brisbane don't get to see our favourite bands (hi, Tesla!) when they tour Australia, but we don't whinge about it too much. :)

People here would have at least attempted to help you out should you have decided to pop over to Melbourne, but I guess that ship has sailed, ticket-wise, unless there are still seats available.

I think there are still seats available. My ticketek newsletter keeps advertising Maiden dates. Wrathy, you should find a city and get onto the venue and hassle the hell outa them, you might even get free tickets. I understand that it will be alot harder to arrange your transport but if you get onto everyone with your story then you never know you, you might even save some money. Give it a go, I would if I was you. I"ve got my fingers crossed for you bro.

Believe me, the offers of help haven't gone unnoticed, and I thank everyone who would have lent a hand if I'd decided to come over to Melbourne or Sydney. Unfortunately it's not something I can even consider at the moment (for all sorts of reasons that would probably seem quite silly to most of you), and the prospect of being AWOL around the time of my Mum's birthday is more than my life's worth ;).

As The Amazer has said once or twice, Maiden's decision not to play here has made their attitude towards Adelaide fans quite clear. For the time being it's mutual, at least in my corner.

W

fuk i am always going to Sydney to see bands no buuger comes here much, although i have seen van Halen and status Quo here a few years ago, shit QUO was 10 yrs ago