IN CONCERT!! BRADFORD!!

strangedays

Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
Whos going to be in Bradford next week, god Im shitting myself with excitement, I saw them their about 5 years ago in the RIO, and loved it, its a perfect venue to see them, smashed windows, fairly quiet area.
Last time it was snowing, now its quite mild...

!!!PLUS they have a fucking major repetoir behind them, as it was just after TD was released think... so Im really looking fowared to it,

in a simple phrase "FUCK YEA!"

I bought my ticket on Friday. I'm not a big fan, just going to see them out of curiousity. Looking forward to it though

me and my buds are off to celebrate my bday.. cant wait :):) do you know of any age limitsd on the gig? its my 18th but a couple of ppl im bringing are 17

I'll be there also. Look for the tall guy wearing a Tonight's Decision shirt and say hello. I'll be all alone otherwise. :(

Selig said:
I'll be there also. Look for the tall guy wearing a Tonight's Decision shirt and say hello. I'll be all alone otherwise. :(

I think I saw you as well, you're quite a tall lad aren't ya? Anyway t'was a pretty good gig. Just one thing though, Jonas looked a twat slapping his thigh between singing :erk: Apart from that, t'was good, and they played the best songs! :kickass: Shame they didn't play Dispossesion though.

yes! was there last night and had a hell of a lot of jager, a helll of a lot of carling, and a hell of a good time. fucking ace band

Same as Glasgow, but as a reminder:

Leaders
Wealth
Soil's Song
Deadhouse
Teargas
Deliberation
Ghost of the Sun
My Twin
Criminals
I am Nothing
Sweet Nurse
Tonight's Music
Sleeper
July
In the White
Evidence (encore)

That´s pretty much the same setlist ( minus a couple fo songs) they played at the Close up festival.
No murder....such a pity, I mean this is my favourite song...hope they will play it again during this tour....I don´t think evidence suits to close the gig..murder was much better...or Dissolving Bonds if they don´t want to play old material..yeah, where is Dissolving Bonds??? One of the most voted to play live...arghhh

Those guys are so lazy to rehearse different songs....I know they don´t live in the same city, but ....
I just hope Anders will keep his promise that in the autumn tour they will play songs they have never played live before..because he kept on saying this since last year..but I see no trace of different setlists...

They usually play the less 'popular' songs on the second tour after the new album has come out. This tour i believe is to promote the new album and some of the more listenable songs from Katatonia. Still, i thought the setlist was brilliant, and i thought evidence was a quite a good song to end on as the ending to it is fantastic.

ether said:
That´s pretty much the same setlist ( minus a couple fo songs) they played at the Close up festival.
No murder....such a pity, I mean this is my favourite song...hope they will play it again during this tour....I don´t think evidence suits to close the gig..murder was much better...or Dissolving Bonds if they don´t want to play old material..yeah, where is Dissolving Bonds??? One of the most voted to play live...arghhh

Those guys are so lazy to rehearse different songs....I know they don´t live in the same city, but ....
I just hope Anders will keep his promise that in the autumn tour they will play songs they have never played live before..because he kept on saying this since last year..but I see no trace of different setlists...

shut the fuck up!!

Daniel L. said:
shut the fuck up!!

damned!you are reading this forum even on tour...mhh I cannot write evil things about you:)
However I was ironic in my post and in other words...I have nothing to say against the setlist choice..those are your hits, a formula that works well every time..plus the songs from TGCD are my favourite and the most voted too( a part from dissolving bonds..but who knows, maybe you will play it live...)...so that was an obvious choice for you....
My complaint goes just to the fact that you have so many beautiful songs that you don´t consider playing live..and it´s a pity because you are one of the few bands that has no weak songs but only potential hits.
But maybe we fans would like too much... we would like you to play like for three hours, playing old era songs and the entire new album...but your setlist must be a compromise and that´s all...there was nothing wrong in the choice of your songs, you cannot satisfy every single fans with a customized gig for eveyone!
So again this is only my personal view, I´m not criticizing the choice of the songs, I just was hoping in some surprises, in some little hidden pearls that you never play live.
That´it..now hope I haven´t been too rude and whiny..but I just like to be a little bit annoying sometimes:)

The gig was a 5* affair I loved it the sound the atmosphere, yea you guys fuck up a few times, but to see that you were actually able to perform the new songs amazed me..

I just stood there amazed, the strenth and the quality of the PA was amazing, Daniel, and the rest of you must really have spent some time getting your sound onto stage, WELL DONE!! I LOVED IT!..

The old fans I can see wailing as the older material is being dumped, personally this is what makes Katatonia, move on and get on with it, if you dont like that, theres lots of other bands out there (PL??) sticking to their own formula again and again and....