In Flames a good band

ok...

Lunar Strain - raw, pretty old school. Similar to early At The Gates and Dark Tranquility

Subterranean - Genius, but very short. Great melodies, riffs, lyrics, everything

The Jester Race - Incredible. Melodic, heavy, great all the way through

Whoracle - Solid concept album. Songwriting-wise my least favorite good In Flames album, but Jotun is absolutely brilliant

Colony - Very modern sound. Very melodic, but also pretty heavy. Plays around with pop formats at some points. Very good.

Clayman - Last good album. Pretty accesible sound but still very good. Some extremely catchy songs.

Reroute To Remain - Crap

Soundtrack To Your Escape - Deeply mediocre, with a couple good songs

Come Clarity - Crap

Anyhow, you should get them in this order:

The Jester Race
Colony
Subterranean
Clayman
Lunar Strain
Whoracle

btw, they sound nothing like Bodom.

Subterranean, The Jester Race, Lunar Strain, and Whoracle are all great albums. Especially, the Subterranean EP, that actually helped get me into metal.

Whoracle is amazing! But everything up to Colony is good, even clayman is decent. But stay away from Come Clearly, its a pretty lame attempt to capture a more mainstream audience, its really kind of annoying.
Also they sound exactly nothing like CoB

Subterranean, The Jester Race, Lunar Strain, and Whoracle are all great albums. Especially, the Subterranean EP, that actually helped get me into metal.
Subterranean is their best work, in my opinion. Shorter, but concentrated awesomeness.

Reroute to Remain gets no love
IF is my favorite band, but I couldn't manage to pay attention to that album. Most of the stuff on there I've heard once. Cloud Connected is alright. System is tolerable. Trigger is good live. The rest is filler.
Of their newest stuff, I thought Soundtrack was the best. I really like F(r)iend, The Quiet Place, and My Sweet Shadow.

The only song I really like on RTR is 'System', which is probably one of my top 5 IF songs. I really like 'Bottled' and 'F(r)iend' too, I guess 'Evil In A Closet' isn't so bad either. The Jester Race and Colony are the only albums I listen to the whole way through.

By all means, go ahead and listen to this shitty band but I hope you outgrow them someday and start listening to something way more awesome. That said, try getting your hands on Lunar Strain. And The Jester Race, although not great in my opinion, is a hell of a lot better than anything they subsequently released.