In Flames - Come Clarity Review

this cd is, at best, mediocre, it is nothing compared to clayman, colony, or whoreacle

astrofaes said:
Review for new In Flames album up here:

In Flames - Come Clarity @ Astrofaes Metal Domain

Whilst not an In Flames classic, this definitely surpasses the shitfests that were Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape.

here's mine:

In Flames-Come Clarity
4 out of 5
By: Ruben “Clayman” Mosqueda

In Flames will be known from here on to Nuclear Blast Records, in the States anyway, as the one that got away. They have sought refuge, with Ferret Music, this signing is huge. It’s like Jake Plummer leaving Arizona for bigger and better things in Denver. In Flames are set to unleash their follow up to Soundtrack to Your Escape, entitled Come Clarity in early 2006.
Come Clarity has been stated by band members as a return to their traditional sound after a number of records where the band took a number of detours. Well, to be honest, this record is a good balance of the melodic death metal that I was first introduced to on records like Whoracle, Jester Race and Clayman, but there’s songs on this record that could have been lifted from Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape. What is genius is how they mix it up, there’s a nice variety on this record.
While the purists might balk at the thought of even picking Come Clarity don’t, there’s some astonishing material on this record. Very few bands triumph releasing the same record year in and out. The only examples I can think of are The Ramones, Slayer and AC/DC. In Flames are not content with staying within the metal confines. I applaud them for having the sac do what they want, try new things, despite what a handful of fans might think.
Come Clarity is a blistering modern metal record, with death metal growls and clean melodic vocals, pounding rhythms and chugging guitars. Among the highlights on this platter are; the opening track “Take this Life,” “ Reflect the Storm,” the title track “Come Clarity,” “ Vacuum,” “Vanishing Light” and one of the longest titles that I can recall in a while, “Your Bedtime Story is Scaring Everyone.” While 13 tracks might be too much material, there’s no filler on Come Clarity. This is a strong effort by In Flames, this will get multiple spins during the next year.